Gaarkhan charge

By gran_orco, in Imperial Assault Rules Questions

Besides, I think most of the effect of charging comes from the roar of the Wookiee and not from physical momentum.

why not just move in a circle? is still moving, plus it's spaces so figures don't stop and can end up in the same space.

Thematically it works as a run up to get more damage as well.

On ‎3‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 3:40 AM, Soontirbeblownup said:

why not just move in a circle?

Watching a Wookie run around in a circle doesn't exactly inspire fear, although the confusion caused could easily explain how the Wookie gets a particular boost to it's attack...

5 hours ago, Majushi said:

Watching a Wookie run around in a circle doesn't exactly inspire fear, although the confusion caused could easily explain how the Wookie gets a particular boost to it's attack...

As a huge fan of the TV show Bottom, I see it as a run up for a kick to the unmentionables... but confusion works too

On 8/5/2015 at 11:32 AM, DarkJodo said:

No - you are misinterpreting the rule. All the rule is saying is that when you "move x", you ignore spending movement points that you may have acquired this turn. Basically, you move x for free, not costing any movement points. All other effects of terrain and figures apply.

I just had to necro post this quote and point out that it has been five years and he never apologized or edited his post.

It’s really frustrating when someone flat out mistates a rule in an authoritative way, without citing the rulebook or FAQ or any other source and gets it 100% wrong. It’s worse when they are correcting someone (incorrectly) who properly interpreted the rule. It is the worst when they never edit their post so people for years might read the first answer and think they have a good interpretation.

/rant

4 hours ago, grahamers said:

mistates a rule in an authoritative way

What made it look like authoratative?

Edited by a1bert