How many Altitude levels do you allow?

By Doc Savage, in Wings of War (WWI)

I've played a few games and I am wondering how many atlitude level you allow in your games. I have limited this to 4.

docsavagepu8.png?t=1228267350

I've only done the 4. BUT, I've changed the 4 to be 2 inches apart....

Here's a shot of a level 2 vs a level 4....

groups.yahoo.com/group/wow_nexus/photos/album/962912800/pic/36005931/view

Not the greatest, but it serves. More pics can be found at the yahoo group for WOW.

P.S. if anyone can tell me how to post a pic from the yahoo news group, I'd love it.

We have done up to six levels, and planned to make altitude sprues for more, but on trying it out we found that some aircraft spent the entire battle gaining or losing altitude without getting a shot off even at long range. Most of the action went on at one or two levels difference.

the few times that we have played with Alt. rules mostly 4 once with 6.

I keep mine to three levels to keep the action contained but with some strategy

lingster said:

P.S. if anyone can tell me how to post a pic from the yahoo news group, I'd love it.

Lingster,

All i do is post the pic on the Yahoo site, bring the picture up so your looking at it at full size, then right click and copy it. Bring up this site and get to the point where you are replying to someones blogg, right click and press paste.

If it does'nt work it some times brings up a box that you have to click into and press "Ctrl" and "V". This pastes it into the box. Click ok on the box and it pastes it onto the FFG blogg.........at least that how it works for me mate!!

As many levels as required.

However, we use a dice to record the level rather than adding pegs.

these are my flight stands: I've since added a small peg to one end so that it's permanantly fixed. this way swapping one stand for another is easy. (wish they came in clear)

n_a

And here is the 8 inch peg (level 4, the longest peg) compaired to a level 2, the second shortest peg at 4 inches:

n_a

By the way, that's my cool 4x6 realistic map I play on.

I'm loving that map mate!!

here's where to get it:

www.megaupload.com/

Get it printed at your local print shop. If you can't get a 4 foot by 6 foot image printed, then you may need the broken up peice. (found in the yahoo group)

It'll be expensive.