Kinda surprised...(release date?)

By Hidatom, in General Discussion

Kinda Surprised there aren't more people asking for the release date...I have heard from a guy who heard from a guy...etc, etc...that the game will come out this month.

but nothing official...I know FFG doesn't do exact dates but stores usually know an approximate date...well one better than "August" at least.

So...any clearer idea when this puppy hits the stores?

There really isn't anything official - but I know of a US east-coast distributor who claimed 2 weeks, and the UK distributors seem to have told stores there that it'd be late August. FFG has been tight-lipped, but the suggestion really seems to be that everything that was available at Gencon will be available very soon in-stores.

Historically, things that were introduced and available for the first time at Gencon don't make it to stores until late September at the earliest (i.e., about 6-8 weeks). Gencon was a little earlier this year, but the 6-8 week time-frame is probably still a good bet.

In the in-fllght talk FFG spoke of changes in production. They may have pushed full production forward and be able to move into distribution that much faster. My guess is that with the merger with Asmodee they will be able to expand and take more control of their factories.

I had heard a tentative August 31 but at this point who knows. Not gonna get my hopes up on that though.

Although there is also an Amazon seller (selling for $80 without shipping...yikes) saying that he can expect them in October 30th. So who knows.

Edited by Grey J