I am doubtful...

By DanteRotterdam, in Wrath of the Gods

So, I bought the book this weekend and I now begin to feel that, seeing how basic the game system is, you are in fact paying a heck of a lot of money for a few scenario's.

Now, mind you I am one of the staunch defenders of this way of working in the Star Wars roleplaying system but here it just feels like the game really doesn't warrant the 4 CRB approach.

As far as I could see the first half of the book is identical to the Zombie Apocalypse book (and how could it not be) and it really only differs in the scenario fase of the book...

I would have prefered they would have released one crb with all the different scenario's in a $60 or $70 larger book.

At least in the SW RPG there is a heck of a lot of difference between the CRB's with the races, careers, equipment, background, etc. Here there isn't.

I appreciate the design choice and enjoy the game but at the going rate I am doubtful whether I will buy the other 2.

I was under the impression that FF is simply take a game made in Spain, and producing it in English. Perhaps they couldn't make it one book? I figured it would be like this, but got it anyway. I also intend to get the other 2 when they release. I find the scenarios are worth it. But, that is my opinion.

I am not saying that the books are bad or that the scenario's aren't worth shelling out a couple of dollars for.

However i am sure you must agree though that $40 for a handful of scenario's is awfully steep...

I actually agree wih you on this and it has been keeping me from getting Wrath. I think its different from the SW books in that those are 2-3 times as thick and contain more source material than 4 scenarios.

Dont get me wrong, I love ZA and I really want to get Wrath,but the price point vs material you get is killing me.

At first I wasn't planning on getting them all, just those I was most interested in. But they are coming out with enough time between them that I'm okay just picking them up as they release. If I had discovered this game after all the books had been released, I would probably just have bought the one or two I wanted most. I guess I feel that the artwork and the scenarios are worth the price.

I think that is the exact reason why there is that much time between releases come to think of it...

Probably by the time number 3 rolls along I'll have forgotten how I felt now and the completionist in me will awaken and make me get it anyway...

Edited by DanteRotterdam

I would also not be surprised if this was also the delay with the digital edition. ZA is awesome, but if it's just the same thing with new scenarios, I can't imagine it going over well.

Maybe they'll release a compendium afterwards. I hope so!

So the digital edition is out! I'd love to hear more thoughts before picking it up! Anybody else feeling a little eh about it?

Perhaps part of the problem is that Wrath of the Gods is the most meh theme of the four, at least it is for me. So they start off strong with the Zombies release first. Then slip in the one they think most people won't want right after that, then catch the rest with aliens and robots, which more people would be interested in, so more willing to fork over the cash for. I think if Wrath of Gods was released last I would have skipped it entirely.