Conversion kit?

By danman71, in Runebound

I have all the 2nd edition stuff. I'd love a conversion kit to use the old heroes.

Agreed. I would purchase that in a heartbeat. There is so much content available for Runebound 2nd Edition that I wouldn't be surprised if they release a conversion kit.

Somewhere in the article it mentions that it is not comparable with the previous versions and at a guess and mainly because Martin Wallace isn't credited as the games designer on the new edition, I would say it is far removed from the original mechanics of the game and probably would need more than a conversion kit, but this is purely speculation and I too hope that a conversion kit is available at some point. I have every thing from 2nd edition and if one is not on the horizon I will refrain from purchasing. I guess like battlelore a new edition like this gives a fresh take on an old game and gives those who missed out first time round something to sink their teeth into.

I do not think that has a conversion kit, since they are the same heroes, is more possible conversion of the new Descent´s heroes

Somewhere in the article it mentions that it is not comparable with the previous versions and at a guess and mainly because Martin Wallace isn't credited as the games designer on the new edition, I would say it is far removed from the original mechanics of the game and probably would need more than a conversion kit, but this is purely speculation and I too hope that a conversion kit is available at some point. I have every thing from 2nd edition and if one is not on the horizon I will refrain from purchasing. I guess like battlelore a new edition like this gives a fresh take on an old game and gives those who missed out first time round something to sink their teeth into.

Descent 1E was also incompatible with Descent 2E on a number of levels, mechanically. The Conversion Kit for Descent simply provided cards written for th enew mechanics to go with minis from the old game. I see no reason a similar CK couldn't be made for Runebound - we're just talking about new hero cards, after all.

Descent 1E was also incompatible with Descent 2E on a number of levels, mechanically. The Conversion Kit for Descent simply provided cards written for th enew mechanics to go with minis from the old game. I see no reason a similar CK couldn't be made for Runebound - we're just talking about new hero cards, after all.

The difference is, the heroes in Descent 2e core set and boxed expansions are new, they weren't in any previous Runebound universe games. The conversion kit provided rules for old heroes. (At the time, either there was no intention to produce the updated versions they since have, or it was deemed far enough in the future as to be worth producing the kit anyway.) On the other hand, heroes in the new Runebound edition are old heroes who appeared in the previous edition. So it seems likely that heroes in expansions will also be old heroes. And it therefore seems unlikely that FFG will produce a conversion kit with all old heroes, while also intending to include those same old heroes in forthcoming boxed expansions.

Some supposition in here, so I could be mistaken, but I'd be surprised to see such a kit.