Warhammer Quest Card Game

By High Elves 77, in Warhammer: Diskwars

Well, now we know that old world games are still a thing. I think this bodes very well for Diskwars, assuming that Diskwars can make FFG some money.

That said, Warhammer Quest looks pretty solid. I'll be looking forward to this one.

It is at least another proof that the "GW will force FFG to ditch anything related to the old Warhammer setting because of Age of Sigmar" fear was senseless.

As a big fan of the old Warhammer Quest, I'm going to keep an eye on this game for sure... meanwhile I'm continuing to wait for new Diskwars expansions despite all the (useless IMHO) doom and gloom.

Please, this is for diskwars.... cooperative games not allowed :-)

Please, this is for diskwars.... cooperative games not allowed :-)

Actually, I have recently been developing a cooperative Diskwars variant. It is loads of fun. I call it Disk-Agriculture.

There is no combat, but armies work together in harmony to clear the rocks from the battlefield, cut down forests, and drain swamps. They then work shoulder-to-shoulder to plant crops, reap a fruitful harvest, and plan a harvest festival. Attack values represent clearing and harvesting power, while defensive values represent plowing and planting skills. Stamina is used to represent time each character may spend working, and speed determines how rapidly they work. There are other rules, which I would be happy to provide if anyone is interested--it has proven to be a very popular party game in my circles!

Good, clean fun, with none of that disturbing violence. Try it, and you will never play the original Diskwars again.*

* This is, of course, all a lie. Thought I should make that clear since this is the internet. ;)