What are the combat tokens made of?

By Mestre dos Magos, in Runebound

Watching the video, it seems you use the combat tokens fairly often.

I am concerned with the quality and durability. Everyone who plays too much Starcraft, Game of Thrones, or other board games where you use often the order tokens will know how paper tokens fray and get marked with use.

I hope they are made of plastic, but i am afraid they will probably be paper?

Every FFG game I've ever purchased, and that's alot, had all the tokens punched out of the same thick cardboard. So, I'm guessing it's a safe bet to say that these will be no different. However, there's a thriving secondary market to get custom made plastic tokens for most of FFGs more popular games. I'm sure this one won't be any different.

I also suspect cardboard tokens. However, I can assure you that a little mod podge, elmer's glue, or wood glue makes a nice film which can prevent fraying very well. I use it to make my descent tiles more durable when the corners get banged up, and they become quite solid.

Plus if components get damaged you can usually ask FFG to replace them. I know they did that for me with Twilight Imperium!

Final point (I answered you also on BGG): I'm confident they put enough thinking into the matter and that they'll have found some way to make the tokens extremely resistant. Additionally, you can randomize and cast them by means of a dice cup, reducing the wearing of the tokens

Additionally, you can randomize and cast them by means of a dice cup, reducing the wearing of the tokens

That's actually a really good idea! I'm still on the fence about buying 3E, but if I do take the plunge, I will absolutely be looking into a good cup for the tokens.