Whats left in VA

By Da_ghetto_gamer, in UFS General Discussion

So im just curious as to what playgroups are still left in VA.....I know the one in Roanoke died out a while ago becuase me and a friend headed up there and cleaned up what was left of the boxes they had on sale

Ive also heard that one of the playgroups in the Virginia Beach area has died off as well......

As far as i know its just us in Blacksburg(Virginia Tech) and the playgroup up north in Woodbridge i believe where the regional was held last year.

Id really like to visit another playgroup one day but its hard when the closest one is 4 hours away lol

There are 8 of us left here in Newport News/Yorktown

Ender Dragon said:

How far away from us is that?

and were you guys at the Roanoke AOP or the NOVA regionals?

There is another one in Charlottesville, though the attendance can be shaky at best.

-Tinman

Tinman said:

There is another one in Charlottesville, though the attendance can be shaky at best.

-Tinman

oh right i forgot about you guys coming from up there, have you heard anything from them lately?

They are still fairly active. They just got their prize support running, seeing as how they got a new Scout. Don't know what the plans are for the Store Championship, seeing as how a part of the player base is still transitioning into 5 point.

-Tinman

Tinman said:

They are still fairly active. They just got their prize support running, seeing as how they got a new Scout. Don't know what the plans are for the Store Championship, seeing as how a part of the player base is still transitioning into 5 point.

-Tinman

we should go up there and play in thier store championship that would be some fun times im sure

Yeah I'm still running things up here in Woodbridge. Our attendance is usually 4-6 each week. I have signed up for the store championship, but don't have a date set for it yet. I am also planning the 4th Annual DC Regional Championship. Probably sometime in November. I can say that DC Regional will not be at Anima USA this year though, as they said they didn't have space, so it will be held at Game Parlor Woodbridge. But again, i'm still working out details right now.

Umigame

there are about 4 of us playing in charlottesville right now.

sometimes we get more when people who are away at school get a long weekend.

Wat up bud? You guys should see how far you are from Hanover PA. Tapout would love to host you, and so would Chubbs.

The Charlottesville group is definately still active, I would say there are at least 4 or 5 still there just about every week, and about another 5 or so that are in college but come back to charlottesville probably at least once a month, including myself.

Ninjazanus is the scout there, I was just talking with him yesterday and I know he plans to run a store championship.

Yeh, I'm running the Charlottesville scene. We have a good sized play group, 8-12 people, during breaks, especially summer break, but as of now we see 4-6 people on average. Anyway, I'm trying to get on the list for the Store championship thing, but I havent gotten a response yet. But if anyone wants to travel to Cville, I'd love to have some healthy competition.

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

Ender Dragon said:

Yes, one of our players won the Roanoke AOP a few years back. One of my other players also got screwed and lost a game because of a bad ruling from the Scout there (and when I tried to tell him otherwise, the scout told me to shut up and stay out of it) We never went back after that. It is quite the drive and well, no need for us to drive that far just to get yelled at.

Ender Dragon said:

Da_ghetto_gamer said:

Ender Dragon said:

Yes, one of our players won the Roanoke AOP a few years back. One of my other players also got screwed and lost a game because of a bad ruling from the Scout there (and when I tried to tell him otherwise, the scout told me to shut up and stay out of it) We never went back after that. It is quite the drive and well, no need for us to drive that far just to get yelled at.

yeah i also got a game loss at that same tourney because i had cards RFG'd from the last game....i was content with leaving them there but the guy called over a judge and he gave me the match loss.

My only other loss was to shane and it kept me out of top 8 which made me really mad lol i ended up beating the guy i got a game loss to since we finished the matches anyway

But yeah im just looking for other places to play me and my gf have been trying to plan a trip outta town and hey if i can get in a few OOFS games somewhere along the way i figure its a win win situation

Shaneth said:

Wat up bud? You guys should see how far you are from Hanover PA. Tapout would love to host you, and so would Chubbs.

Dude i would love to come up there and chill with you guys but its like a 5 or 6 hour drive to PA i was hoping you guys would get the Pro Tour stop so i would be able to make it up but NY is way to far outta my reach

I have a question for the other people planning to have store championships in VA. When my scout recently looked into it he got a reply saying unless he had a minimum of 30 people in attendance he couldn't get the championship thing. I was wondering if any other stores had already actually gotten it or run into this problem as from what I've heard it doesn't seem like any one store is going to be able produce 30 people.

Well I don't think any one store in this state can get a regular group of 30+ People. But For example, NOVA Regional had 32 people (I think, may have been a few more than that....)

For the bigger type of events, people can and will travel. There is enough of us in the state, we are just all over.

Umigame

Umigame said:

Well I don't think any one store in this state can get a regular group of 30+ People. But For example, NOVA Regional had 32 people (I think, may have been a few more than that....)

For the bigger type of events, people can and will travel. There is enough of us in the state, we are just all over.

Umigame

yeah i couldnt see any of us getting 30+ for a store championship at all....even most regional events have a hard time getting that many and those are going to be way bigger events

Turns out I was wrong about all that. I got confirmed to have my Super cool tourny on november the 7th, so everyone should come down and get some goodies.

Ninjazanus said:

Turns out I was wrong about all that. I got confirmed to have my Super cool tourny on november the 7th, so everyone should come down and get some goodies.

I'm excited. Definately going to be there.

im there, just need to get a deck working.

Ninjazanus said:

Thats a day before ours in Blacksburg i might have to try and come up and play with you guys

Just going to go ahead and bump this thread in light that store championships are coming up.

I have heard a little news from blacksburg that there might be a championship there, but as for right now I know Charlottesville is having one.

If you VA players are interested in meeting up check out Ninjazanus' thread in the UFS Fan Announcements Board. The championship will be held on saturday november 7th, and you can find more information in the thread.

I hope to see some of you there.

Lunatiq said:

Just going to go ahead and bump this thread in light that store championships are coming up.

I have heard a little news from blacksburg that there might be a championship there, but as for right now I know Charlottesville is having one.

If you VA players are interested in meeting up check out Ninjazanus' thread in the UFS Fan Announcements Board. The championship will be held on saturday november 7th, and you can find more information in the thread.

I hope to see some of you there.

there in fact is one in Blacksburg its at 6 PM on a sunday though :(

Thats when our tourneys usually start if we can get a head count of ppl outside of blacksburg we might be able to push it up so that we dont run too late

we probably will have at least 8 but if more people show up thatll be great

If your starting at 6 that would basically count me out as I'd have to drive back to Richmond after it ended, which is a 3.5 hour drive.