Seattle, WA

By wampa8jedi, in Warhammer Invasion Community

ritterton said:

Just wanted to thank folks for a great couple of hours of learning the game..I think the goal was to try to stay alive for about 15 minutes against Wampa...but, even in loosing, I had a good time, learned a bit more about the strategies of the different factions from the experts that were there. Thanks for arranging the game meet up!

Ha! Once Matt and I started playing, I think the goal was for ~either~ of us to stay alive for more than 15 minuteswe went 3/3 after six match-ups that couldn't have taken much more than an hour combined, IIRC.

Thanks for coming out, it was great to meet you (and everyone else) as well... we'll have to try to schedule events around sports events so you can make it in the future : )

In talking with Matt, it sounds like we may try to do something again towards the beginning of December, hopefully with an official league kit (and maybe a chapter pack?) in hand. I'm also going to see about getting a league started in Bellevue at Uncle's, though that probably won't start until January.

ritterton said:

Just wanted to thank folks for a great couple of hours of learning the game..I think the goal was to try to stay alive for about 15 minutes against Wampa...but, even in loosing, I had a good time, learned a bit more about the strategies of the different factions from the experts that were there. Thanks for arranging the game meet up!

Oh and BTW, did Matt get in touch with you about the cards you left at the store? I believe that the store is holding them for you...

I left cards there? Ugh...let me check...yep, flipping orc deck...sigh...Ok, will call them. Not sure when we are back that way in the next six weeks. May need to pay them to ship them my way. Thanks for the heads up.

So, taking votes - i can't go the first weekend of December, but probalby the 2nd or 3rd weekend (I know that is really close to the holiday).

Also, I do have league play stuff!

Great to play with some new people. Wampa and i had some crazy games...Empire/Orc seem pretty 50/50 and we proved that :)

rings - My personal vote is for the second weekend in December, as I'll definitely be free either day that weekend : ) ritterton e-mailed me a few days ago and said that he may be in the area again that particular weekend... but I'll let him speak for his own schedule!

Thanks for the good games, it'll be interesting to see whether Skavenblight has changed things (or not). And wohoo on the league kit arriving!

I don't know how much support they're providing, but when some of the players from Green Lake Games came up to Canada for the weekend for a Legend of the 5 Rings tournament, 4 of them were playing W:I as soon as they're tournament games were over. You could contact them to see what they're doing for Invasion there.

Green Lake Games
7509 Aurora Ave N
Seattle, WA, 98103

Mon - Tues:
11:00 am - 8:00 pm
Wed:
11:00 am - 11:00 pm
Thurs - Sun:

PS. Matt from First Pick is a great guy, so you can't go wrong playing there either, if you're close to the U-District.

Bronn said:

I don't know how much support they're providing, but when some of the players from Green Lake Games came up to Canada for the weekend for a Legend of the 5 Rings tournament, 4 of them were playing W:I as soon as they're tournament games were over. You could contact them to see what they're doing for Invasion there.

Green Lake Games
7509 Aurora Ave N
Seattle, WA, 98103

Mon - Tues:
Wed:
11:00 am - 11:00 pm
Thurs - Sun:

PS. Matt from First Pick is a great guy, so you can't go wrong playing there either, if you're close to the U-District.

Thanks for the tip--we would (or will) have a great crowd if we can put our two groups together sometimes. I'll definitely give them a ring and see what I can find out.

I know the Green Lake Games guys pretty well - it is the old L5R crew that I used to hang with a ton, and obviously I have known/worked with Dan Tibbles (the owner of Green Lake) for...wow...a long time. I will make sure they know when our league dates are.

I will check things out - is Skaven out then?

Hey folks -

It may be a mad dash to the Big City for me in December. Kids have something that we can attend on the 13th. However, the Saturday the 12, I have things here at home I promised to help with - holiday season is nuts.

So, plan the date, if I can swing in, I will - otherwise...it will probably be January when we are over that way (Yep, 16 Jan - we have tickets to a Redhawks game late that night).

Thanks for asking!

R

So are we on for next weekend? :)

Hope everyone in the Seattle group has a wonderful holiday season! R

I see that this thread is old, but…

My brother is moving to Seattle and is interested in finding a game. Does anyone still play up there anywhere?