Seattle, WA

By wampa8jedi, in Warhammer Invasion Community

So I've taken the liberty of contacting several game stores in the greater Seattle area to gauge their planned support for Warhammer: Invasion. Thus far, I've heard back from two stores:

The Game Matrix - Planning to carry the game and also potentially interested in having people demo the game. No planned events yet.

Blue Highway Games - Planning to carry the game, but not planning to hold any events in light of the (lack of a) player base for FFG's other LCGs. Willing to host if people are interested, however.

Also, I know from rings that First Pick Games is planning to support the game, though I haven't heard anything specific about an event yet... I'll let him share more about that ;)

I'll post more once I hear back from the other stores.... anyone else out there in Seattle? :)

Did you check out Olympic Cards and Comics at all? It's the largest game store south of Tacoma (maybe even the largest including Tacoma). I know they plan on carrying. Not sure about event support yet.

blkdymnd said:

Did you check out Olympic Cards and Comics at all? It's the largest game store south of Tacoma (maybe even the largest including Tacoma). I know they plan on carrying. Not sure about event support yet.

Sent them an e-mail a day or two ago, but haven't heard anything yet either way... thanks for the suggestion!

Will you be playing? :)

yes, I will and I know of at least one of my friends. And there have been lots asking for it, so I think there will be a community for it for sure here.

blkdymnd said:

yes, I will and I know of at least one of my friends. And there have been lots asking for it, so I think there will be a community for it for sure here.

Sounds great! I went ahead and set up a gmail account ([email protected]) for W:I -- my goal is to gather the names and e-mail addresses of anyone in the area that is 1) interested in playing and 2) wants to be kept updated on what events are planned for the area. If you and your friend would like to sign up, just shoot me an e-mail with your preferred nickname and what part of the area you live in.

Gotta rally the troops : )

Just heard back from Olympic--they're happy to have people demo the game, but no plans for any events as of yet.

Got my core set, and I'm ready to play with people!

Played my first non-solitaire game with my wife last night and she destroyed me with dwarves (I was chaos). I will attempt my revenge tonight.

I've gotten a few more e-mails from interested players in the area -- keep 'em coming!

I'm going to contact one or two stores and see what kind of availability there is for this weekend (October 10/11). At a bare minimum, I'm probably going to try to demo the game somewhere... at best, I'll try to organize some kind of casul tournament or something.

Just a quick update as we head into the weekend.

First, I've heard back from Discordia Games. They've had no interest thus far, but are happy to have some demo the game. I may make the trip over there to demo the game sometime in the next few weeks.

Second, I am planning to demo the game at Uncle's Games in Bellevue (in Crossroads mall) tomorrow, October 10, during their normal Saturday game night hours (I'll probably be there around 6:30 and will stay for two or three hours). They're willing to run events (tournaments or a league) provided there is interest. Stop on by to say "HI" or play a pickup game or to join in me in helping to promote the game : )

josh

Funny that Blue Highway talks about the "lack of a player base for FFGs other LCGs". If they actually sold the APs, (CoC LCG), they might find they have a player base. Gary's Games in greenwood at least sells the Asylum Packs...

I know they also sell W:I so you might want to talk to them. They had registered with FFG for the Vs System, but not for any others that I am aware of.

So, how'd the demoing at Uncles go?

Let me know when you're gonna do that again, maybe I could come too.

Maybe when the first battle pack releases, Seattle players could schedule a "release" party draft or something.

Gamma Ray games on Capital Hill was where I was able to pick up a copy today, (everyone else has been out of it), and the guy running the place, who I will assume is the owner, said, "I'm planning on supporting the game", but that may just mean he intends to carry the battlepacks.

If you are looking for a copy, Uncle Gary Games in Southcenter is suppose to have it in the shipment next week. Mike had hoped it was coming in this past week, and I was hoping to get my copy from him while traveling across state. Didn't work that way, could not find it in the eastern part of the state where I was. Ended up with a copy from Game Matrix down in Tacoma - their last till the shipment arrives. NOW to find time to play. Great looking game = can't wait for the expansions.

R

I really am enjoying it with my wife, and even though I don't care at all about the Warhammer theme, it's fun enough that I think I would make the time to go to a store to play it with folks.

Just got my second core set at Blue Highway games. Looking forward to deck-building after playing a few more times with all of the factions.

jl_zao said:

Just got my second core set at Blue Highway games. Looking forward to deck-building after playing a few more times with all of the factions.

Hey, where is Blue Highway games located???

May need to add it on my too visit list.

R

ritterton said:

Hey, where is Blue Highway games located???

May need to add it on my too visit list.

R

It's in Queen Anne, right there on Queen Anne avenue. It's a beautiful store, with a TON of games in stock.

Sorry for the delayed response on my partI've been traveling for work lately and things are just beginning to settle down.

Not to spoil Rings''s thunder, but First Pick Games will be hosting a W:I tournament on November 7th (exact time TBD)... the first full tournament of the Seattle area! I'd strongly encourage everyone that can possibly attend to join us... showing the stores that there is an active and interested community that will turn out to tournies is the key to getting stores to host regular events.... obviously : )

Oh! I had an enjoyable time demoing at Uncle's in Bellevue. I mainly demoed to two of the store employees, both of whom seemed to enjoy the game, and a few kids... I may ask them to eventually schedule something official, provided there is enough interest. Is that a reasonable drive for most people?

Wampa - just so happens that my family and I plan to be in the big city that day (7 Nov), so right now I am trying to see what time this tourney starts and try to be there for it. Hope it works out on my end...but come 6:30 or so, I turn into a basketball fan for a game at Seattle Univ.

Hey everyone - Things are on for this Saturday, November 7th, at First Pick Games! Matt said he's planning to be there by 12:30pm and things will start by 1pm or so. Depending on turnout, the event may be tournament style or it may be more of an informal league style session.

Hope to see many of you there and that we'll be able to get a good crowd... put your best foot forward and all that :)

As the wamba + jedi said, hope to see everyone at the first Warhammer league/tourney! I should be there at about noon to 12.30. Starts at 1.00 if we have enough for a tourney.

I have attempted to get the league stuff, but they have not responded yet - and I doubt i will have it in time. But for December for sure.

www.firstpickgames.com in the U District/Wallingford.

Thanks, Matt

Windopaene said:

Gamma Ray games on Capital Hill was where I was able to pick up a copy today, (everyone else has been out of it), and the guy running the place, who I will assume is the owner, said, "I'm planning on supporting the game", but that may just mean he intends to carry the battlepacks.

First Pick has had some as well - plus they will always order it for you and have it in a couple of days.

But First Pick tends to not be open when I have time to drop by sad.gif

Windopaene said:

But First Pick tends to not be open when I have time to by sad.gif

When are you trying? Other than Tuesday and Thursday they are open LATE usually.

Just wanted to thank folks for a great couple of hours of learning the game..I think the goal was to try to stay alive for about 15 minutes against Wampa...but, even in loosing, I had a good time, learned a bit more about the strategies of the different factions from the experts that were there. Thanks for arranging the game meet up!