Ki power "weight remove" (or something so)

By Pelmir, in Anima Rules Questions

Hi all,

I'm Pelmir, not a new user of the forum but a not-so-much-using one. The question is stupid but I can't figure it out. There is a power of ki (not sure the real name, I've not the english book) that allows you to move on water and walls as if you have no weight. I've a double sort of doubt:

1 - Can you actually walk up-down, like on a ceiling?

2 - Have you to move to have the power work? Can you stay still? Can you stay still on the ceiling? Can you simply walk or have you to move to a run speed/maximum move speed?

Thank you

Beg your pardon if my english is not so good

Looks like you have it right

Weight Elimination

Through control of energy, a character may affect his own body mass

and partially ignore the effects of gravity. By using this ability, a character

can temporarily perform actions otherwise virtually impossible such as

running up walls or even running on water. A character using this ability can

run along any type of surface at his full Movement Value in a single turn.

For example, a character with a Movement Value of 70 feet per round

who attempts to cross to the other side of a river using this ability will

successfully cover the first 70 feet, but he will inevitably sink if the river

stretches beyond that point. The effects of this ability may be extended by

investing 1 generic Ki Point in every round.

Requirements: Use of Ki

Looks like you have it right

Weight Elimination

Through control of energy, a character may affect his own body mass

and partially ignore the effects of gravity. By using this ability, a character

can temporarily perform actions otherwise virtually impossible such as

running up walls or even running on water. A character using this ability can

run along any type of surface at his full Movement Value in a single turn.

For example, a character with a Movement Value of 70 feet per round

who attempts to cross to the other side of a river using this ability will

successfully cover the first 70 feet, but he will inevitably sink if the river

stretches beyond that point. The effects of this ability may be extended by

investing 1 generic Ki Point in every round.

Requirements: Use of Ki

Ty for the answer. Now I know the english name.

But my dubts remain:

Can I stay still with this power? I would argue for a no

Can I walk on the ceilings my head down?

I would say no reason for them not to be able to stay still your paying a lot for the power and your spending points it say virtually impossible so standing on water counts but that's less cool then running across streams so I would say water fine

standing up side down on the roof no as it partially ignore the effects of gravity not fully movement running upside down would be a moot point

You can't stay still, since it says you'd sink after your movement value.

You -can- run across the ceiling, but if you stop you'll fall. That was my interpretation.

not e way I see it only say you sink as you would have run out of movement but if this was going to take two turns to spend more KI so I say standing on waters ok but that's how I would interpret it so others may differ your game your choice I suppose

By that logic if you only run half as fast you wouldn't sink, which doesn't make sense to me. The ability is similar to those lizards that can run across water. You're running so fast that you don't sink.

You can't stay still, since it says you'd sink after your movement value.

You -can- run across the ceiling, but if you stop you'll fall. That was my interpretation.

You only sink after your movement value because you have burned up the ki point you put into it not because you stopped moving, if you put in more ki then you won't sink.

As for running on ceilings I would disagree strongly here, yes you might weight less but you still weigh something and gravity will pull you down. Now that being said if there was some way for you to cling to the ceiling no matter how flimsy then yes you could move across it. For instance if there was an iron ceiling and you had magnetic boots or something than yes because the magnets pull would be stronger than what little gravity was effecting you. You could also climb across a ceiling covered in vines or other similar surfaces since the reduced weight would take most of the strain off of you. Other uses my group has come up with are climbing walls with string, making yourself light enough that a cloak can work as a parachute, crossing rickety bridges that normally couldn't support your weight, attaching string to arrows and then creating tightropes to various places. Pretty much anyplace weight would be the main issue weight elimination helps, the way I think figure out if something can work is I ask myself could a sheet of paper stay there. Put a sheet of paper on the ceiling and it will fall, put it on water and it will float, put it on a string and it will stay.

By that logic if you only run half as fast you wouldn't sink, which doesn't make sense to me. The ability is similar to those lizards that can run across water. You're running so fast that you don't sink.

I would disagree since your ability to run on water is because your weight has been altered and not because of how fast you are moving. That and it never places a limit on how much you can alter your weight, if you weighed as much as an ant then you simply wouldn't weigh enough to sink regardless of whether you are running, standing, sitting, or doing a handstand while spitting jelly beans.

Edited by Nathaniel Cain

yes but not being able to run across the ceiling does mean a bit of the rule of cool died , I would like to point out I never used the power for that myself I used levitation and turned up side down