In The Grim Darkness of This Forum...

By RogalDorn01, in Deathwatch

Just realized that I hadn't been active on these forums for some time! For all the talk of Deathwatch dying off, my weekly campaign is going strong into it's second year of service. My players have leveled off at a steady 5-6 each week and much fun has been had by all.

It would be nice to see new material from FFG, but ultimately what makes these games great is the capacity for us to create. The Jericho reach is a great setting and my players are hovering at the cusp of Famed renown and Rank 5. Characters have died, dozens of fate points have been burned along with thousands upon thousands of individual enemies of mankind. Here are a few highlights

A Riptide was used as a shield

A Great Knarlock was briefly used as a mount (Domination)

A hive ship was boarded

An Emperor Class Battleship impaled a Tau Carrier and dragged it halfway across the Jericho Reach

Ebongrave was deposed

A Master Level Warrior Alpha was killed in one hit

500+ Kroot and Tau were killed in under 30 Seconds

Castobel was saved

A Necron Tomb was Obliterated

Aurum was cleansed of Genestealers and Joined the Crusade.

The Ghanathaar plot has been uncovered

I love Deathwatch, so do my players. Even if we never get another book, there is enough here to keep us going for years to come.

My game starts this Saturday, I'm hoping fun will be had by all. When we put out the call for players, we actually had to turn away a couple, so clearly there is interest in the game.

Have a great time! Where are you having the campaign take place?

I haven't played DW in many months.

I GM a long-running Dark Heresy campaign, and when we were having trouble getting everyone together for games (I had seven players at one point), I had the idea to use Deathwatch as our 'fill-in' game, since the nature of DW missions (usually some variant on 'search-and-destroy') lend themselves well to episodic 'stand alone' games. But for some reason our enthusiasm has just... waned.

Now, one of my players has informed me that a friend of his from out-of-town will be visiting in two weeks, and he would love to get in a night of RPGing. I'm dusting off our 'suspended in limbo' DW campaign for the occassion; hopefully this will re-ignite our enthusiasm for the game.

Our group is still going strong with DW, too. Playing once a week(with some outages...) for over two years, and there is no end in sight =)

Since I have more time allocated to "adulting" than gaming, I'm going to start with some published adventures in the Jericho Reach while I work on my ultimate goal involving the Heresy era. Space hulks and time travel are involved.

In a few weeks should be finishing off a long running DW adventure which has incorporated elements of Only War and Dark Heresy. The Kill Team will finally confront and learn the truth of the Big Bad the fabled Tyrant of Devil's Hook.

Mine's going strong too. It's mostly a once-in-a-month Saturday afternoon affair, so progress is slow sometimes, but we're picking up people steadily. I already have a second group created to be the guinea pigs to my GMing experiments, and I sure hope I don't have to start a third. I picked up a rather inquisitive player (engineer playing Techmarine, a tough challenge), so I'll too be definitely more active here in the future.

I have a buddy who promises we'll play soon. Haven't see it yet. I'm about ready to pick it up and run a campaign myself.

About to try starting a game again, this time with just two, possibly three players! Having a pre-game get-together online this Sunday.

So, Rogal: Who, if anyone, took over from Ebongrave, and did his torture palace get shut down?

Ebongrave would deserve his very own thread, the way the whole conflict was written is one of the highlights of Rising Tempest, probably because it presents a meaningful choice with far-reaching consequences.

(My players, of course, utterly messed it all up - it was their first real politicking adventure and they were wracked with indecision the whole time, so they didn't choose sides until the very last moment, and by then it was too late to shut Ebongrave down. The weird thing is, it's still one of the most memorable moments for them.

Also, I still have to decide what happened to him after the kill-team left - right now I'm stalling with an ongoing court martial. Fellow GMs, whose parties had Ebongrave surviving, what did you do?)

Funny... we haven't played rising tempest, yet, but still everyone already hates on ebongrave in our group, because wehn I GM I tend to blame everything that goes wrong in the canis salient on him and his paranoia :D

Here are a few highlights

A Riptide was used as a shield

An Emperor Class Battleship impaled a Tau Carrier and dragged it halfway across the Jericho Reach

500+ Kroot and Tau were killed in under 30 Seconds

That sounds Zoggin' Awesome, WAAAAGGGHHHHH!!!!!! FO' DA EMPRAH!!!

Anyone looking for a Deathwatch game to play?

You offerin to run it?

You offerin to run it?

Only if you got some people to play.

My RT game enters its second six months, which is 5 months longer than I expected.

However, they are tryin to depose some Tau, so I may propose a DEATH WATCH mini campaign

I'm running a weekly tabletop game, approaching twenty sessions now and I'm playing in an online game. I love Deathwatch. I honestly didn't expect to get so much roleplaying out of space marines but that is what has happened.