Canonicity of SW:A ships

By Swusn, in Star Wars: Armada Off-Topic

A comment in another thread got me thinking about this and I did not want to derail that conversation so I started a new one.

Are ships and hero's created/published by FFG considered Star Wars canon?

I know when Disney bought Lucasfilm they said everything publish or produced under Disney license would be canon. Anything that was not considered canon would be published under the "Legends" title. I also noticed there is a big fat Disney logo on the back of the Armada box.

Now obviously the little skirmishes and scenarios we come up with as players are not canon but the ships would be Correct? That means the Gladiator and AFII which where in the legends material but never showed in anything that is now considered canon should now be canon.

Characters like Soontir Fel, Admiral Screed and Kylaan farlander who showed up in Legends but were never mentioned in canon are now canon (even if their legends back story is not)

The Imperial raider which was created specifically by FFG is now canon correct?

What do you guys think and is it important for you that your plastic space ships be considered canon?

Well if it is approved by Disney then most likely

Admiral Screed is canon either way because he was in the Tarkin novel.

I must have missed him being mentioned. Do you remember in what context he was mentioned?

He was part of the meeting on Coruscant to discuss information gathered regarding the attack on Sentinel base and where the hardware used might have come from. Part of the Naval Intelligence contingent I believe.

Edited by RogueCorona