Deception + tied game

By Lee418, in Star Wars: Empire vs. Rebellion

At the end of a game round if both players resource totals are equal the game is tied and the winner is determined by the balance token. But what happens if the loser in this case also played the Deception strategy card in that round? Does that strategy reverse the result of the balance token?

If the answer is yes to the above, I assume it is also possible for a drawn game winner to rob themselves of a win by playing the Deception strategy themselves! :wacko:

A rare situation. But both occurred in last nights game.

I never thought about that sort of situation, but I agree with your conclusions. How bizarre!

Bizarre indeed! In fact it took me completely by surprise. My opponent and I had to pause the game while we consulted the rule book (to no avail) and tried to reason it out.

At first we weren't sure if the tie would nullify the Deception strategy before the balance token was applied. But eventually we concluded that the strategy card should apply to the final result. Unfortunately I lost two Events in this way. On the second occasion I played Deception myself and managed to ****** defeat from the jaws of victory! :huh:

Very ............. deceptive. :rolleyes:

That's weird. The word "s n a t c h" was censored in my last post. I'm aware of the possible slang usage, but it's a perfectly ordinary word and was used in that ordinary sense too. :wacko:

That's weird. The word "s n a t c h" was censored in my last post. I'm aware of the possible slang usage, but it's a perfectly ordinary word and was used in that ordinary sense too. :wacko:

Edited by Budgernaut