Death Can Wait & Rune cards

By Cejel, in DungeonQuest Revised Edition

Hello everyone. I've been an FFG fan for some time now and I've just acquired Dungeon Quest. And I already have my first question (which I don't see answered in this forum).

Concerning the Death Can Wait option. When you die, it says to discard all your goodies, including your rune card. Then when you are reborn... " The respawned player begins his next turn as if he were taking his first turn of the game " (quoted from the Rules Reference).

Does the respawned Hero restart with or without a fresh Rune card? It doesn't really specify this. I can see where you should restart with a fresh Rune card. But I can also see starting without one, sorta like a penalty for dying. Comments?

You normally receive your Rune card during set-up, not during your first turn, so I would play it that you do not gain a fresh Rune card. In many FFG games, players are supposed to follow the rules to the letter without reading further into them. If the rules don't specify something, it doesn't happen (so if the rules don't say deal a new Rune card, then you don't get one).

But do what you will...