House Rules forma City expansion

By Filippo, in Talisman

Ciao :) sorry for the bad english

I think city expansion is unbalanced. In the city there are the best objects and they are pretty easy to get.

I have tested some house rules from months. I think i created a great formula: now the game is more funny, balanced, there aren't bugs and it's still reasonable.

- HOUSE RULE

* REASONS

- You cannot evade encounters with characters or creatures because the city it's too small to run away.

* City is unbalanced because there aren't a lot of dangers, even the biggest enemies because you can evade them. Now you cannot evade. It doesn't matter if you use abilities or spells: now you cannot evade in the city.

- You can use these strong effects vs other characters only if they are in the city: assassin, beggar king, corrupt sheriff, den of thieves, sneakthief.

* These are very strong cards. Now you are safe if you are NOT in the city, because you are too far ;)

- you can enter in a shop space only if you have the correct number in the die. You cannot interrupt your movement.

* Now there are less combo for merchant and alchemist. If you use the normal rules, the sentinel and the raft are useless because you can always pay 1 gold for middle region.

- Every time you enter in a shop where you choose what to buy, draw 3 cards, you can buy only these 3 things. Put in the deck if you don't buy. So mix the deck everytime. You can enter in a shop only if you have golds for the cheapest things in the description of that shop.

* every time it's the same story: Flail, full plate, spellbook... Now shops offer to you different things in different moments.

What do you think? Show me your house rules. :)

Sorry, the title is: "... For city expansion".

Other House Rules:

- People are building the city. You can enter in the city only from the X round (15, 20, 40,...)

* According to the plot in the rulebook, People build the city because they need protection after the Death of the Warlock. Players start the game without the city.

- effects that give you an objects from shops of Your choice: Draw the first card, you cannot choose

* same story: Flail, full plate, spellbook...

I like my Forever Talisman City fix it goes like this: Players get 12 start game cards before game and they choose to include whats on the start game cards: two of the 18 start game cards are The City (at Day) and the City (at night) the rules for them are as follows:

The City (at Day) start game card: The player may decide to include The City board with the special (at Day) rule which is as follows:

The Academy, Apothecary, Sorcerer and Magic Emporium spaces are closed. No character may move into them for any reason for the whole game and the “City Watch” Enemy cannot be evaded. Ignore The City (at Day) special rule if a player draws The City (at Night) start game card and chooses to include it in this Forever Talisman game

The City (at Night) start game card: The player may decide to include The City board with the special (at Night) rule which is as follows:

The Armoury, Menagerie, Stable and Wharf spaces are closed. No character may move into them for any reason for the whole game and the “Night Guard” Enemy cannot be evaded. Ignore The City (at Night) special rule if a player draws The City (at Day) start game card and chooses to include it in this Forever Talisman game.

A Closed Shop space overlay card is included for both The City at Night and Day rules, just place it over the shops closed so players during game know they cannot enter.

Thus if both The City (at Day) and the City (at night) are dawn and chosen the City it its complete state is played with if not then only one or none are included - in effect ether allowing some shops open or the expansion board itself is not included.

I like my Forever Talisman City fix it goes like this: Players get 12 start game cards before game and they choose to include whats on the start game cards: two of the 18 start game cards are The City (at Day) and the City (at night) the rules for them are as follows:

The City (at Day) start game card: The player may decide to include The City board with the special (at Day) rule which is as follows:

The Academy, Apothecary, Sorcerer and Magic Emporium spaces are closed. No character may move into them for any reason for the whole game and the “City Watch” Enemy cannot be evaded. Ignore The City (at Day) special rule if a player draws The City (at Night) start game card and chooses to include it in this Forever Talisman game

The City (at Night) start game card: The player may decide to include The City board with the special (at Night) rule which is as follows:

The Armoury, Menagerie, Stable and Wharf spaces are closed. No character may move into them for any reason for the whole game and the “Night Guard” Enemy cannot be evaded. Ignore The City (at Night) special rule if a player draws The City (at Day) start game card and chooses to include it in this Forever Talisman game.

A Closed Shop space overlay card is included for both The City at Night and Day rules, just place it over the shops closed so players during game know they cannot enter.

Thus if both The City (at Day) and the City (at night) are dawn and chosen the City it its complete state is played with if not then only one or none are included - in effect ether allowing some shops open or the expansion board itself is not included.

I like your house rules, but i haven't the expansion with day/night phase. What do you think about my house rules?

I like your house rules, but i haven't the expansion with day/night phase. What do you think about my house rules?

My Forever Talisman City fix has nothing to do with the day and night bloodmoon rules its just the way I've worded the 2 effects, you can think of one being downtown shop closed and the other as uptown shop closed if it helps.

My Forever Talisman City fix has nothing to do with the day and night bloodmoon rules its just the way I've worded the 2 effects, you can think of one being downtown shop closed and the other as uptown shop closed if it helps.

Sorry, I did a mistake XD. I think there is more balance. What do you think about my house rule?

Sorry, I did a mistake XD. I think there is more balance. What do you think about my house rule?

Yeah they are good I like the "you can enter in a shop space only if you have the correct number in the die. You cannot interrupt your movement".