Welcome, my friends. Enter freely and of your own will.

By Cynthia, in Fury of Dracula

I have it in Spanish, mainly because I live in Spain. The only game I have in English is Android, because it was never translated.

I see ;) Nevermind, I'll keep on hunting it (thematically a consistent choice, I'd say) :D

Possibly with 3rd edition coming, prices of 2nd edition will drop, eventually

I don't dislike the new art, but I am certainly happy that I already own 2nd Ed.

This cover art is awful, i hope it's only a prototype. FFG Can do so much better : look a these epic covers for Eldtrich Horror, Imperial Assault, Star Wars Armada !

I'm very interested in the changes, but will be heartbroken if such a great horror game is released with such a camp grinning Dracula.

Pay some respect to sir Christopher Lee who has left us this year and offer us a beautiful Dracula box cover !

Also, I think the cover should feature a "3rd edition" logo clearly visible, considering how different the three editions are

I'm not familiar with the earlier editions, so forgive me if this answer is obvious to some.

Why aren't Jonathan Harker and Quincey Morris playable?

They are present in the game in form of allies, Quincey helping Dracula, Jonathan helping the Hunters

They are present in the game in form of allies, Quincey helping Dracula, Jonathan helping the Hunters

At least in previous edition.

I must agree the cover is awfully ugly, but I'm more disapointed in miniature. Looks like all the component is nex except miniature, and mini are the one that needs the most new ones, if I were to be asked

Ah, okay. I admit, it's been awhile since I read the novel, but I just remember Harker and Morris standing out to me way more than Godalming and Seward (Castlevania might have helped with Morris though ;P).

It just seems weird to me that they'd be allies and not main characters. Finding out Mina wasn't playable either in the first edition was pretty surprising.

The events of the game game happen some years after the book. Jonathan stays home to take care of his son (whom Mina attacked under Dracula's influence, thus revealing the fact that he was not dead).

I'm not familiar with the earlier editions, so forgive me if this answer is obvious to some.

Okay, that makes sense then, thanks. :)

I have it in Spanish, mainly because I live in Spain. The only game I have in English is Android, because it was never translated.

I see ;) Nevermind, I'll keep on hunting it (thematically a consistent choice, I'd say) :D

Possibly with 3rd edition coming, prices of 2nd edition will drop, eventually

This may be the case sooner than you think. I just snagged a copy on BoardGameGeek this morning for $60.00! I was pretty excited. I would have loved to get a new copy, but the game is 10 years old now, and that was increasingly unlikely. Hopefully my "Very Good" edition that I ordered comes in that exact condition.

My thought process was why not just get both editions (now that I found an affordable 2nd ed. one) and then I could mix and match my favorite mechanisms/components from each. That's my plan anyways.

Ah, and Quincey would be deceased and therefore, if walking around again, tragically on the side of the Un-Dead. Very good.

I love that Jonathan is staying home to do childcare and Mina is on the hunt. In the novel, every time the male hunters tried to keep Mina out of the loop or leave her behind, it bit them on the butt. I see they've learned. :D

The events of the game game happen some years after the book. Jonathan stays home to take care of his son (whom Mina attacked under Dracula's influence, thus revealing the fact that he was not dead).

In the video we can see uses for the coloured regions in Mina and event cards (basically, it's a measure of reach for certain effects, like Mina's ability to spend an action to sense whether Dracula is in her region, or certain events being played on hunters in the same region when maturing).

We have also a closer look to the time track. The positions are 14 (two for every weekday, 1 day and 1 night), and we add a despair counter to the center of the track after every week. The more despair counters in the track, the more reluctant Dracula is to flee (he can't flee until there has been a number of rounds greater than the number of counters), but when all three of them are on the board, he gains 1 influence every turn!

We also had an interesting sampling of cards, which seem to work very differently (like discarding the stake to discard a vampire encounter).

The fact that they reworked the combat system is good news. While I didn't mind the combat system of the second edition, it wasn't really newbie friendly. If you play the game enough, you start to see the combos and counters against Dracula's attacks but that isn't the case right away. I played the game mainly through PBF, and a few times F2F, but in those F2F times people were a bit disappointed mainly because of the combat system being so abstract.

Edited by Gridash

Waiting for this one and I hope FFG will not stop in just the remake of the base game but will think about any sort of expansion.

It's one of those titles that I really hope to see before december so I can play durning Christmas season and New Years Day.

Well, the game is a very good re-enacting of the pursuit at the end of the book (even though it happens years later), and it's very faithful to the book itself. If they make any expansions, I hope they don't go 'the Hammer way', mixing Frankenstein, werewolves and the like.

I can't think about many things I'd like to see in the game that are not in the basic box. I guess more events, items and encounters would be OK, and expanding the map to north Africa and the middle east wouldn't be very far fetched. About new mechanics, until we know more about the rules it's too soon to speak; then again, I don't miss anything in the game as it is, and I would be perfectly content if there were no expansions at all.

Here's some stuff I'd like to see in possible exansions:

More charatcers : Playable versions of Jonathan Harker and Quincy morris and Lucy Westenra as Dracula's minion so we can reënact the events of the book.

Castelvania : (Castlevania Bloodlines actualy did weld the 'vania and Stoker canon together with John Morris being a playable character.) Playable characters of Simon Belmont, Sypha Belnades, Eric Lecarde and maybe even Alucard?

Sherlock Holmes : Sherlock Holmes VS Dracula! They are both set in the same era. Maybe have Jack the Ripper helping the count. (Jack the ripper was the 1st boss in " Master of Darkness ".)

From among those options, I only would like (kind of) the first, with Jonathan being playable (instead of other Hunter) and Quincy as a full-fledged minion of Dracula (Lucy was destroyed in he events of the book, and the game is set 8 years later). Mixing Castlevania and other victorian-era characters would deviate too much from the book for me.

Agreed with Nirnel.

But I'd like to see a Sherlock Holmes game made by FFG :)

Agreed with Nirnel.

But I'd like to see a Sherlock Holmes game made by FFG :)

To be honest, I'd like the 1st one the best to. The other two where me thinking out loud "what can they add to this game?"

Maybe FFG can reprint this game or do a reskin of Letters to Whiteshapel?

I know there is a Sherlock Holmes roleplaying game out there.

Letters reskinned could work, but I'd love a full coop with a Sherlock's theme, and a series of investigations driven by an AI via app

That would be nice, maybe with some voice overs (the guy who does FFG's videos has a nice voice for it.) telling the players what has happened and what clues can be discovered at the location.

Altough now I can't stop thinking about what a Nightmare/Atmosfear meets Sherlock Holmes game would be like:

Moriarty: "STOP! When I speak you must stop and listen! You must answer me with "Yes, my professor!" or I'll banish you to the bla' hôl!"