Kodex Gräuel

By MorbidDon, in Rogue Trader Gamemasters

Kodex Gräuel by Amadeus Aumoth is a book that serves as a compilation of various supernatural occurrences, entities, and facts. The binary version is hard to find and is very expensive. Copies of the book have been shown to be available in hardback, paperback, and dataslate. The Kodex often helps the Throne Agents with identifying entities involved in the cases that they take on...

Amadeus Aumoth spent 60 years risking life, limb and sanity to gather true accounts of human encounters with the paranormal. His travels covered many worlds, and his somber, formal style has earned him fame and recognition by those in the know!

The material herein shall serve as a repository for new perils - some may call it a Monster Manual while others know it as a Book of Threats whereas some simply define it as a Bestiary ; whatever distinction you follow know well the foe!

• Colour Out of Space
• The Elder Ones
• The Flying Polyps

• The Great Race of Yith
The Illithid

• The Invid
• The Mi-go
• The Hounds of Tindalos

The Negoi
• The Nosferatu (Vampire)
The Shambler from the Stars

• The Shoggoth

The Slaan, degenerate (The Deep Ones)

The Space Jockeys
The Valusian
• The Yautja
The Yeti (Mutant Human)

Edited by MorbidDon

in Prometheus, the space jockeys were shown to be large humanoid wearing armor that by shape evoked a larger elephant head.

cool, but we don;t know why. maybe like a unit mascot (on earth we have fighting falcon, for example)

either way, cool ideas

Originally - the tie in being Lovecraft / Howard being writers who shared in each other Mythos - Ridley Scott's interpretation to me - would be some sort of Eldar... (If eldar are the same approximate size as an astartes - then viola!). I guess I prefer the old skool Wierd Science version of things.

Just to be fair to those who created that movie (since I'm dropping name bombs all over the place LMFAO);

Directed by
Ridley Scott

Writing Credits
Jon Spaihts ... (written by) and
Damon Lindelof ... (written by)

Dan O'Bannon ... (elements) and
Ronald Shusett ... (elements)

Updated the Illithid today - they now include an "Esoteric" section at the very bottom hopefully explaining the Cult insight...

The gist being - those few who cult members who survived to the end of time - called on his Spawn, somehow skinned them, then did something similar to "Vicissitude" from Vampire ( World of Darkness; Clan Tzimisce ) making their flesh theirs - acts sort of like a biological suit at the end of the day!

Stay GAMING

Morbid

+++Ordo Xenos+++

++Subject: Query:+++

Possible conection between Yautia and Tau empire?

Crossreference: Kroot Xenofrom

Crossreference: Tau Stealth suit technology

++False leeds++

Tyranid conection /Crossreference mawloc jaw bio similarity.

Yautia skull taking/ Crossreference Kh0%n3 chaos cult.

+++ HD! The Emperor protects+++

+++Ordo Malleus+++

++Subject unknow cult++

+Report: Acolyte team Alpha+

- Took captive what we asumed was a local chaos cult on the wolrd of Graves' Landing.

No sign of the usual runes and fell icons indicating the worship of the forces of chaos.

No Octed or symbols associated with any of the fell powers. Cultists (under interrogation) spoke of "the Dark Symmetry", of the "Seals of Repulsion" and "Dark Apostles or Demogonis". - HD!filec0ropt%%%

+++Addendum+++

- My best dataminers have crossreferenced what they could with some of the oldest records that the holy ordos possess. Most are heavily scoured and redacted but they found some matches from pre-heresy era data pertaining to the age of strife. There is mention of the Dark Symmetry infecting cogitators and of a 10th planet in the blessed Sol systhem- seat of Holy Terra. The name of that planet was "Nero" and it was destroyed somewhere during the Age of Strife.-

++++++Suffer not the Mutant to live++++++++++

Edited by Robin Graves

Algoroth / Lilian

+++Ordo Malleus+++

++Subject unknow cult++

+Report: Acolyte team Alpha+

- Took captive what we asumed was a local chaos cult on the wolrd of Graves' Landing.

No sign of the usual runes and fell icons indicating the worship of the forces of chaos.

No Octed or symbols associated with any of the fell powers. Cultists (under interrogation) spoke of "the Dark Symmetry", of the "Seals of Repulsion" and "Dark Apostles or Demogonis". - HD!filec0ropt%%%

+++Addendum+++

- My best dataminers have crossreferenced what they could with some of the oldest records that the holy ordos possess. Most are heavily scoured and redacted but they found some matches from pre-heresy era data pertaining to the age of strife. There is mention of the Dark Symmetry infecting cogitators and of a 10th planet in the blessed Sol systhem- seat of Holy Terra. The name of that planet was "Nero" and it was destroyed somewhere during the Age of Strife.-

++++++Suffer not the Mutant to live++++++++++

Those were dark times, prior to the rise of the Emperah.

(Hope I don't re-rail too much; it seemed appropriate. If I have, I'm sorry. :( )

+++Crusade era transcript fragment+++

++Planet 99DH!60345 "Mongo" + Status: Compliant+ ++

+Post battle report: Terran army auxillary commander: Hans "Flash" Arden+

+Forces of the Third legiones astartes, "The Emperor's Children" performed a combat drop on the fortress of Mongo's ruler, named "M1nç The Merciless." and slew the cruel tyrant. Altough post battle reports claim no trace of his body could be found. The third legion also destroyed the city of a race of winged mutants, because such abominations cannot be allowed to exist. We will be mopping up what remains of these so called "Hawk men", "lizardmen" and all the other mutant abominations here. Army units en route to the ice moon of Frigia. Mechanicum techpriests uncovered some advanced beam weapon that could be used to slowly destroy entire planets. Often for no other reason than the pleasure of the ruler of Mongo and his god Dyzan.+

+++ Pax Imperialis +++

Edited by Robin Graves

+++Crusade era transcript fragment+++

++Planet 99DH!60345 "Mongo" + Status: Compliant+ ++

+Post battle report: Terran army auxillary commander: Hans "Flash" Arden+

+Forces of the Third legiones astartes, "The Emperor's Children" performed a combat drop on the fortress of Mongo's ruler, named "M1nç The Merciless." and slew the cruel tyrant. Altough post battle reports claim no trace of his body could be found. The third legion also destroyed the city of a race of winged mutants, because such abominations cannot be allowed to exist. We will be mopping up what remains of these so called "Hawk men", "lizardmen" and all the other mutant abominations here. Army units en route to the ice moon of Frigia. Mechanicum techpriests uncovered some advanced beam weapon that could be used to slowly destroy entire planets. Often for no other reason than the pleasure of the ruler of Mongo and his god Dyzan.+

+++ Pax Imperialis +++

You think there's no chance the "Hawk Men" are related to Sanguinius and the Blood Angels?

You think there's no chance the "Hawk Men" are related to Sanguinius and the Blood Angels?

I dunno. I hope not actually. Not sure I could handle Sanguinius sounding like Brian Blessed...

CHISWICK?! FRESH NEOPHITES!!!

Edited by Robin Graves

In my campaign - there are no humans with wings - other than ones built/grown/installed for superficial reasoning - most notably to do with the whole "sex" trade and the like ~ go figure LMFAO

Morbid

In my campaign - there are no humans with wings - other than ones built/grown/installed for superficial reasoning - most notably to do with the whole "sex" trade and the like ~ go figure LMFAO

Morbid

Aaaaaaand that made me think of Pygar from Barbarella...

Note to self: see if i can work in Durand Durand as a Slaanesh worshiper

+++Ordo Malleus+++

++Sealed document++

+Hydr4d0m1n47u5-encryption broken+

+Fragments of a tome belonging to renegade Inquistor Justinus Bale, found in the ruins of his last hideout.+

+ - Of the existence of the daemon know as Samus there can be no doubt. <fragment missing< traced back to the bleak times of the Heresy. <fragment missing< unknow broadcast of: "Samus is the man next to you. watch out! Samus is here!" <fragment missing< posessed the body of a woman and <fragment missing< tracked down a band of space pirates to the caves on planet Zebes where Samus <fragment missing< A xenos breed known as Metroi <fragment missing< -ther Brain" and a xenos beast called "Kraid" who was <fragment missing< after the slaughter at sector Zero. Samus is still out there .+

+Tought for today: Abhore the daemon.+

Ok that enough weird canon welding from me.

I'll get back to some proper mythos in 40k fluff for my next post.

LMFAO

I know it was in the last version of the Malleus Monstorum of Call of Cthulhu, but do you think anyone could stat "The Thing" from "Who Goes There" and the John Carpenter Film and/or the plant monsters known as Triffids? Or the Pod People/Body Snatchers for that matter?

Edited by Brother Malachai

The Thing:

Revealed/monstrous form:

Use stats for Chaos Spawn.

Hidden/infected host form:

Same stats/skills/abilities as the person that was copied.*

All forms:

In all it's forms the Thing has: high Int (60)

and has the following skills/abilities/traits:

Jaded, Stealth. Tech Use (It was trying to build a spaceship from spare parts)

Toxic (this meant to simulate the Thing trying to infect it's target and take it over: if the Tougness test is failed, instead of damage the target becomes infected with the Thing.*

* This might be best used on npc's and or players who enjoy roleplaying the enemy and are ok with their character being flat out gone when tehy become infected. You can have some great fun as the GM taking each player seperate and saying "Player X's character is acting strangley."

Edited by Robin Graves

I know it was in the last version of the Malleus Monstorum of Call of Cthulhu, but do you think anyone could stat "The Thing" from "Who Goes There" and the John Carpenter Film and/or the plant monsters known as Triffids? Or the Pod People/Body Snatchers for that matter?

Something just struck me: in the 1950's movie the thing from another world (based veeeeery loosly on Who goes there) the alien creature revived from the ice is plant based!

So maybe there could be (made) a conection between that thing and the pod people (if not the triffids aswel.)

VERY scary tought: I really hope a space marine's body can shrug off the Thing's ability to infect it, Can you imagine an entire SM chapter infected with the thing? And it has been established in 40k lore that several chapters have been complety corupted due to xenos infection. Or actualy just one marine-thing is bad enough.

As I recall the Thing didn't infect characters rather it duplicated them, complete with memories. That is a little better for the players although only a little on a spaceship that is kilometres in length and has a crew of thousands (hundreds of thousands?).

Rogue Trader: "Who ordered the armory to be opened up? I thought the tech priests locked it down so only the command crew could unlock it."

Armorer: "You did sir, you and the Arch-Militant were just here twenty minutes ago and you left with all of the unresearched xenos artifacts."

I believe given enough time the Thing could duplicate quite a number of people provided it had a sample of them.

It sorta does both, according to Blair's computer program: we see one human cell come in contact with an alien cell , the alien cell then takes over the human cell, leaving two imitation human cells. Not that it matters much.

Yes I looked it up after I posted (should have done it the other way round). I probably wouldn't run the Thing as it stands and would make it sample then duplicate rather than consume/infect then duplicate so the players didn't just have a 'You failed a toughness test, please hand over your character sheet.' moment. On the other hand it is theorized that the Thing can't do non-living tissue so anyone with the machine trait should be fine (well will have to be murdered rather than replaced) so if the players all had cybernetics perhaps I would run it as normal but it wouldn't choose to infect/consume someone it couldn't effectively duplicate.

You are right about the thing being hard to use in an RPG (well except call of Cthulhu, where the pc's are goners anyway :D ) Players don' like it when their characters get taken over ( and retired from the game by one enemy) like in AD&D: if the most munchkined character gets charmed the party now has some serious problem (and the DM is laughing maniacally!)

I'd probably alter it so it's more difficult to take over people, and fudge it a bit so it mostly copies npc's (but don't tell the players that.) Pod people would work better in that regard, Pc get's captured and duplicated but if they can find the pod with the Original body before it is consumed then the character is saved. (Huzaah! :) )

Good point about the thing being unable to mimic nonliving tissue!

Inquisitor : "Does our enginseer look different today?"

Acolyte: "Yeah, he looks...shorter."

As I recall the Thing didn't infect characters rather it duplicated them, complete with memories. That is a little better for the players although only a little on a spaceship that is kilometres in length and has a crew of thousands (hundreds of thousands?).

Rogue Trader: "Who ordered the armory to be opened up? I thought the tech priests locked it down so only the command crew could unlock it."

Armorer: "You did sir, you and the Arch-Militant were just here twenty minutes ago and you left with all of the unresearched xenos artifacts."

I believe given enough time the Thing could duplicate quite a number of people provided it had a sample of them.

Thing is, he didn't eat Wilfred Brimley and other characters in the 80's film. He got exposed to it and it took them over. Remember the computer model he made? It seems they can assimilate via both digestion and infection. At least they can't consume inorganic matter and the new bodies don't have scarring, so that's a means of identifying them.

Edit: Sorry, didn't see we were on a page two and someone else brought this up. :(

Still, I would like to see stats for the Book/80's Thing and Pod People, even if they can only be used rarely due to the fact they are op on so many levels. They'd probably be better for Deathwatch as a Marine Squad might have a chance if they catch them in their earlier stages.

Edited by Brother Malachai

Still, I would like to see stats for the Book/80's Thing and Pod People, even if they can only be used rarely due to the fact they are op on so many levels. They'd probably be better for Deathwatch as a Marine Squad might have a chance if they catch them in their earlier stages.

Also: power armor. That should offer good protection against the thing, until it transforms into some monster form.

And use spawn stats with increased Int. think i mentioned that before...