Deluxe Edition

By Tetsubo517, in General Discussion

In the various threads I've seen some people speak of a "deluxe edition" probably coming out a after the core. In other ccg's I've played, a deluxe edition is a reprint of the core with some new cards and some cards mrp'd. Is this what is expected for lcg's as well? If so, is it worth waiting for said deluxe edition before getting my second or third core?

I think you are mistaking "Deluxe Expansion" with "Deluxe Edition". A deluxe expansion is typically a larger, more focused expansion of several new cards in the game that revolve around 1 or 2 Factions. It's usually about 3 times the number of new cards that a chapter pack may contain.

So all new cards and I'm free to get a couple cores without worry of a quick reprint. Thank you very much for clearing that up.

It's a safe assumption at this point that every SKU will contain an entire unique block of cards.

So all new cards and I'm free to get a couple cores without worry of a quick reprint. Thank you very much for clearing that up.

Like Grimwalker said, yes, it's an entire block of new and unique cards. In the first edition deluxe boxes, they've provided some additional copies of preexisting resource cards, but that's as far as it has gone. I don't think they will do that again, but who knows. Either way, 98% of the deluxe expansion was unique to the rest of the card pool.