Looking for group - Skype-based, English speaking, preferably European

By Ambivalent Badger, in Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay

The many issues related to getting some friends together for regular sessions have become too great for me, but I love WFRP too much to just give it up, so I figured I'd try to find an online group.

The kind of group I'm looking for would be:

- Playing WFRP 3rd edition

- Voice rather than text-based, using Skype or some such programme

- English-speaking, or possibly also one using Nordic languages

- Composed of somewhat decent people.

I would also prefer that the group and/or its members

- Live in Europe, or in timezones CET +/-1 (for scheduling reasons)

- Are at least somewhat experienced with the rules/setting/roleplaying in general

- Has no more than 5 members

- Takes the game somewhat seriously, but still able to joke around, go off on occational tangents, etc.

- Are not really far into a campaign or character development

- Have a good GM

Failing that, I could also help found a new group, and could possibly also GM.

About me: 24/m/Norway, student. I've been into Warhammer since I was maybe 12 (half my life!), and began with WFRP about 4 years ago, and have run a group as GM with some friends at long and irregular intervals. I love creating my own material and customising existing stuff, having put a lot of work into writing episodes and planning campaigns, but quickly became frustrated with a lack of dedication, reliability, and interest from the group members. I don't have that much practical experience, but know the rules and setting well, and have a pretty good grasp of how to roleplay in general.

I am hoping this gets through to someone.

- Ambivalent Badger

Edited by Ambivalent Badger

For what it's worth, I'd love to join in such a game. I am attempting to run a game over skype at the moment, but I'm hitting seven players, so can't really fit any more I'm afraid!

I'm also interested in joining a group or possibly taking turn GMing 3rd Edition. Looking for similar things Badger is. takes it seriously but still have a good time.

Aknorian

I'm also interested in joining a group or possibly taking turn GMing 3rd Edition. Looking for similar things Badger is. takes it seriously but still have a good time.

Aknorian

That sounds cool. We could "team up" if you want to - I'll let you know if I find any open groups, you do the same for me, and failing that, we'll start a new one. What is your time zone? (location wasn't stated in your profile).

I wouldn't be comfortable playing with, let alone GMing for, complete strangers, so it would be nice if I could get to know some potential group members beforehand.

For what it's worth, I'd love to join in such a game. I am attempting to run a game over skype at the moment, but I'm hitting seven players, so can't really fit any more I'm afraid!

But you could join as a player if we got someone else to GM, right?

I'm in the states, eastern time zone. I'm pretty flexible regarding gaming times and nights/days. And yes, would love to chat about WFRP3 anytime :) I enjoy meeting/teaching and playing with new people so that's not a problem, but yeah nice to get to know people.

God yes, I'm all over that idea! Keep me in the loop on that conversation and if you need any advice on running stuff online I might be able to help there as well.

Hello fellow Norwegian!

I may very well join up on this - even as a GM if needed...

That sounds like four people interested in a game to me.

I've run campaigns on worse!

4 players + the GM is enough.

By the way... I have a subscription on roll20 - a great place to run games...

Hey Guys

Not to undermine your attempts to form a group of likeminded players but from experience having a mix of European and US based players might be a little tricky to organise in terms of time zones. But where there's a will there's a way of course. Having said that the game I usually play in I know is looking for players for a current WFRP3 campaign. The time is 5pm PST on Saturdays. If that sounds like something you'd be interested in PM me and I'll pass on your details to the GM.

Otherwise good luck in your search. The more Warhammer groups there are in this 'DnD' and 'pathfinder' obsessed current climate the better if you ask me.

Noely

Edited by Noelyuk

My own group used to have to organise play between Europe, America and Australia. Some people had to wake up at six o'clock in the morning, some people had to play till three in the morning.

We're now organised between only two time zones, (but I'm waiting for our Australian to materialise again) which means I get to wake Americans up early.

Point being, if you have the people and the interest, then just do it, if people really want to play (and from my experience they do!) then they'll make whatever small sacrifices (family, therapy) need to be made to keep going.

Also, I would say this game can easily work with three players, but that's just my opinion. It would still be good to have more people...

Hello,

I am also looking for a opportunity to play some warhammer after work. Are you still looking for players?

I used to play WHFRP 2nd with my friends in Poland (now I am in England) but we can't gather together

to make a session. I have plenty of time after work from 6 pm.My English is almost fluent (you can hear

hard accent :) ) and I know warhammer 2nd edition rules quite well.

Waiting for your respond,

Herbert

Hi there Herbert,

I would be surprised if you had a big problem finding a group to play wfrp 1 or 2 over skype or anything similar. We would would be most interested in getting a game of wfrp 3 started. If your interested in joining that, then we might be able to organise something in the future.

Great, are you organising any session? I hadn't played 3rd ed before but I think I can catch up easly. I need just some time with rulebook, that's all.

Rulebook... Riiiiiiiiiiiiight....

No, I'm afraid I personally will not be running a game. I'm already to trying to keep people on several different timezones. That's already enough fun and frolics with trying to get another group of reproba...players together.

*Bump*

Still looking for people to run 3rd ed.

Any other joy with people finding groups here? Anyone wanna try out GM'ing?

I currently run a WFRP3 campaign of 1st edition Enemy Within over Fantasy Grounds and we're always on the lookout for a player or two owing to inevitable dropouts/flakes.

You can find our campaign page here:

https://the-enemy-within-revisited.obsidianportal.com/

If you're interested in joining send me a PM and we'll get you up and running. Be aware though that the time is 6pm PST on Friday evenings so it's not gonna be an ideal time for any Europeans unless you're happy to get up and play at 2am :)

Cheers

Noely

2am is sleepy time for Aido. I've tried playing with the other group, which plays an hour earlier, I invariably wind up falling asleep before we get into the meaty part of any adventure taking place.