New to the game, What decks would you reccomend?

By Shades~, in UFS General Discussion

I'm super new to the game lol. What would be good to start with? I'm a pokemon vet and have dabbled in Mtg. Typically i tend to play T2/beatdown decks. That being said, as far as i can tell Paul and Ivy look like my style. Tira looks interesting as well, although im not entirely sure how it works lol. Also, as im just getting into it and my resources are limited, any poorman versions of a beatdown deck i could make? doesnt have to be super competitive, but theres no fun in just getting steam-rolled lol. Seeing as tekken is the newest set, i'll prolly start trading/buying some paul cards next time i go to my local card shop. Thanks for any input. ^O^

~Shades

There's a lot out there really, and on a very low budget it's very easy to get a viable deck. There's a few different beat down archtypes out there right now, Fire being the most prominent of them, with people like Astrid, Nightmare, Ragnar, Paul Phoenix, etc. for some easier to make decks. There's also Earth and such, with like Siegfried, Ragnar again, Yi Shan, King, etc. It really is more important to find a character you like and go off symbol from there, as most things are really aggressive right now.

Competitively, Astrid is probably the "top dog" out there, and she's a beast on a budget deck too, considering her attack lineup is mostly commons/uncommons. She only gets pricy with her rare foundations/assets, and even then they're not necessary for a working deck, they just help it a lot and give it more options.

Ivy and Paul are good ones to rock, they can be very aggressive as well; Paul is a monster. As for simplicity when starting, Siegfried is a good one, imo, he just throws stuff and smashes.

Pretty much, I recommend looking at the characters and seeing what looks cool to you, and getting a starter if it has one and go from there. The characters with starters are: Astrid, Ragnar, Yi Shan, Zi Mei for ShadoWar, and Nightmare, Ivy, Siegfried, and Cervantes for SC4.

Welcome to the game, man!

Eithinis is totally right, you need to find a character that's right for you. Paul is really a force to be reckoned with. If you want to stay with IPs you know, he's a solid Tekken choice. If you don't care about the IP aspect of the game, Astrid is crazy good. I'd recommend you buy 1 or 2 of her starter decks, if you do I almost guarantee you'll win some matches with that alone.

Also, where do you live, dude?

Ivy might complicate things considering it deals with the concept of progressive difficulty and that's something that a lot of people struggle with initially. But she's one of those budget build decks, where all you need is like two of her starter and boom. Literally.

If you're getting a starter deck, try one of these:
From Shadowar - Astrid, Ragnar
From Soul Calibur IV - Siegfried, Ivy

I would definitely recommend getting two Ragnar starters. Not only you get access to the best beatdown symbol in the game - Fire, but you also get an exclusive starter card what gives +5 damage to an attack at the cost of 3 vitality.

Paul Phoenix all the way mate. Rock it. Buy an Astrid starter, a Ragnar starter and then some Tekken6 packs and be in awe of your mighty strength of being the Greatest Fighter in the Universe! :)

Thanks a ton guys. Totally helpful, UFS forums are legit lol. Im from California, sacramento currently. I'm definatly gonna get some of the starters you guys recommended, thats sweet that the starters in this game can actually contribute to your competitive collection. Again thanks a lot.

~Shades

Shades~ said:

Thanks a ton guys. Totally helpful, UFS forums are legit lol. Im from California, sacramento currently. I'm definatly gonna get some of the starters you guys recommended, thats sweet that the starters in this game can actually contribute to your competitive collection. Again thanks a lot.

~Shades

Yeah everyone above is right on with thier suggestions aggro is the way to go if your just getting into the game and right now might just be the best time ever to jump into it

the reason starters are a good choice is that they give you access to starter only cards that are usually pretty good.

Im a huge fan of siegfried hes a fairly easy character to build you dont have to think much you can just spam attacks and smash face with him but astrid is a solid choice as she probably one of the top characters in the format

Ragnar, and ivy are also pretty good choices to start with