Endor Han and Luke's Speeder

By Andur Saibot, in Star Wars: The Card Game - Rules Questions

Hello there.

I have a couple of questions about those cards based in why they have a different texting (besides the timing of the reaction).

Han reads: "Reaction : After this unit is focused to strike as an attacker, you can choose another enemy objective and immediately engage that objective instead".

The Speeder reads: "While this unit is attacking it gains: Reaction : After defenders are declared, resolve this engagemente against a different eligible target enemy objective instead".

The questions are:

Han can attack an already attacked objective (as the presentation/spoiler article said) but, if he attacks a "new" objective, can that objective be engagaed later with other units he same turn?

And, second:

What does "eligible" mean in the Speeder text? Can it attack as Han an already attacked objective or "eligible" restricts that? Or eligible refers to something like: can only be attacked by character units or something similar? Or both statements are correct?

Thans in advance!

I'm pretty sure the eligible in the Speeder's text is for 2v2 games. It can switch to objectives of the opponent across from you, but not objectives of the other DS player.

Beyond that, you can declare an engagement against each objective once per turn. For both Han and Luke's Landspeeder, their effect does not equate to "declaring" an engagement and thus can be used to switch to an already engaged objective and do not stop you from re-engaging the new objective.

I will check with FFG on this one, because my answer on the "eligible" thing is speculation.

Edited by dbmeboy

OK, thanks!

But then, Han could "jump the table" with his ability and attack "not elegible" objectives?

Either that, or they decided in the time between sets that "eligible" was a redundant word. I'll let you know when I hear back (likely later this morning).

And I have the response:

It prevents you from engaging objectives you are not allowed to engage at all. (I believe it was dropped from Han and Secret Objective because it was deemed superfluous.)
The restriction on engagements has to do with “declaring” engagements. FAQ (2.8) “During his conflict phase, a player is permitted to declare one engagement against each of his opponent’s objectives each turn.” (emphasis mine)
Since Luke’s X-34 Landspeeder doesn’t ever use the phrase “declare,” you may use it to resolve an engagements against an objective you have already engaged previously this turn.

--
Erik Dahlman
LCG Developer
Fantasy Flight Games

Wonderful!

Thanks for the effort.

Always happy to help.

Also, just so you know, there are much more active forums at cardgamedb.com (which is actually owned by FFG). While I try to keep my eye on these forums to help with rules questions, you'll usually get responses much faster over there (and find actual discussions about the game going on).