Deathwatch Training/Righteous Fury Question,

By Brother Malachai, in Deathwatch Gamemasters

Do you roll additional dmg dice for critical dmg inflicted also, or just regular damage dice?

Righteous Fury applies to all damage rolls -- critical damage is just regular damage pushed past the Wounds threshold.

The Emperor protects!

So every crit, multiattack, etc...that does damage and makes a righteous fury roll (or in the case of Deathwatch training, damages a xeno), gets ANOTHER damage roll ADDED to it!? :-0 Wow!

Still, can you give books (w/ page numbers) and quotes from said pages to back it up plz?

Righteous Fury gives you another d10 damage if you make a 10 on a damage dice, and you have passed another attack test (auto success in case of Deathwatch vs Xenos).

For Instance, you shot an ork boy with a bolter : you roll to-hit, then you roll to damage, get a 10 (10+9 = 19dmg for now), and roll another d10 for Righteous Fury (autocomfirmed because of Deathwatch Training). Say, this d10 roll 8 for a total of 27dmg. Then, just reduce this amount by armor & toughness values for total damages.

Has Lynata said, critical damage is just a threshold : when you wound someone to a negative value, it just add effect from the critical table to the damages.

Indeed, good addition/explanation. :)

I don't have the book by hand to provide a quote, but I remember it was on page 245 as I was re-reading it yesterday to make sure I got it right -- for RF works differently between some games of the 40k RPG lines.

PS: Sorry for putting this in the wrong forum. I should've put this in rules questions. Still ty for your aid.

Note that the RF was radically changed from the core rule book to the errata.