Martell Preview

By Raven1015, in General Discussion

Red Viper is sweet as always :)

Really glad to see they kept the spirit and personality of the House in the kinds of decks one should build. This House with the right plot cards could be deadly.

The-Red-Viper-Vs-The-Mountain-Cartoon.jp

Daium, Viper is a 7 on all challenges with the ability to get stronger ...

Now i gotta see what stats The Mountain has!

Well, the RRG credits all the playtesters, so yeah. There I am. I'm not supposed to disclose it, but they said it, not me.

Go ahead, ask me anything absolutely nothing.

And what a chore it's been to play dumb for half a year. :P

Edited by Grimwalker

I remember the House Dayne Reserves or something from 1st edition. I always liked that card but could never pull it off. Nice to see the theme is still alive in the Martells though.

And what a chore it's been to play dumb for half a year. :P

It most certainly has been. Having to dodge the truth and pretend to speculate was pretty annoying. HAHA

it was actually convenient that I wasn't involved with the final pass of playtesting. I had quite a lot of leeway to tell myself "no, I really *don't* know for certain."

So what do you playtesters think about how 1E compares to 2E, especially regarding the core sets? Does the gold curve, the biggest change in my view, work out or is it too early to say?

Basic resource cards have been too pedestrian to claim precious official spoiler slots, so will have to defer answering this until the entire card pool is known. I heard a rumor the entire set will be up on Cardgamedb before Gen Con, though.

Overall, my enthusiasm for playing 1E absolutely plummeted after playing 2E. The mechanics alone justify the changeover.

Well a lot is already known ( https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/41894/game-thrones-second-edition-lcg-spoilers ) and it seems like the only resource cards in the core set are the in-house locations, the reducer dudes, Kingsroad and Roseroad (not counting Littlefinger, Tywin ...). If there are one of each plus extra copies of the Roads and locations then there would be 10 resources for the out-of-the-box decks. Those will probably be 40-50 cards total per deck.

I'm really looking forward to playing again. It's been some years. I think I stopped playing just before the defenders of the north cycle and I guess I wouldn't start again if I had to buy everything I missed over the years.