Painted miniatures.

By Sparkglow, in Forbidden Stars

Here is my first painted miniatures for the game. Starting off with ultra marines, feel free to comment and post your own sets, need inspiration :)

cygbVd0.jpg?1

kPkoebR.jpg

Looks good. I started with one of the Hellbrutes.

728071_sm-Hellbrute%202.jpg

Love it! Can you give a newb a flyby of your technique? Primer, base, wash, etc? Please and thank you.

io3Rhdq.jpg

Love it! Can you give a newb a flyby of your technique? Primer, base, wash, etc? Please and thank you.

Hey what i first start with is the primer, skull white spray, with ultra marines i began painting the entire model with ultra marine blue, than i drybrushed with a lighter shade of blue, after that i drybrushed with white.After that I did the detail work, drybrushed if needed. Than i washed the entire model with nuln oil. . You can paint almost anything by using these steps, prime, layer, highlight, drybrush, wash Its pretty simple. i recommend for these small miniatures to use a holder to stick the miniature onto, it makes it easier because you can rotate swiftly and your hand is steadier with the brush.

Looks good. I started with one of the Hellbrutes.

728071_sm-Hellbrute%202.jpg

Nice work :) I am gonna paint eldar when I am done with ultra marines, after that I am gonna do chaos and last space orks :) They will probably be the most fun :)

Based coated and washed. Next step is to add a layer to brighten up the post-wash base coat, and then add highlights.

19109222564_f1bc8900f2_b.jpg

Edited by sozin

ffaPhUF.jpg 3Df7YEE.jpg

nice work on the bases with the cracked earth look! what's your technique?

nice work on the bases with the cracked earth look! what's your technique?

I just painted two layers of games workshop agrellan earth , let it dry for about an hour, than i painted it with citadel dawn stone, and finished off with nuln oil wash :)

Nice work Sparkglow! I love that Agrellan earth. I used it on two of my Trandoshan hunters for IA.

These look great. Nice worn look. Must resist temptation to branch out from IA.....

where do you buy he clear bases?

clear bases? which clear bases do you mean?

ygAyhPy.jpg tm3Ys3X.jpg

clear bases? which clear bases do you mean?

Those are cups.

HauTgEW.jpg

I like that you're basing everything.

8eA1oWJ.jpg

This is amazing, man.

About the parts of the mini that are not in the same color as the overall model (cockpit, weapons etc). Do you prime them again once you´re done with the rest of the model?

About the Eldars you did, is that yellow with brown ink? (I'm not familiar with the GW names as I use Vallejo)

Edited by Indalecio

This is amazing, man.

About the parts of the mini that are not in the same color as the overall model (cockpit, weapons etc). Do you prime them again once you´re done with the rest of the model?

About the Eldars you did, is that yellow with brown ink? (I'm not familiar with the GW names as I use Vallejo)

We'll let the artist speak for himself, but I expect he did the yellow paint job then went over it with a brown/black wash to give it some dimension and 'wear'.

This is amazing, man.

If I am gonna be a bit specific i first gave the miniature a white primer, I then painted it with a darker yellow, highlighted on the big surface and sharp edges with a lighter form of yellow, I then drybrushed the entire miniature with white. After that i painted the details such as cockpits, weapons and such. Because i wanted a wear and been-in-combat look i did my highlights prior to the wash. I washed with a darker kind of wash called nuln oil. If it had been bigger miniiatures i might have drybrushed a bit afterwards but i like how these turned out so i kept it like this :) And cockpits , yes i painted those again after the wash with a brighter kind of blue, did a spot of light blue and white do add som reflection elements.

I am just glad you guys liked it, feel free to post your stuff. :)

Wow, looking good guys!