Your Favorite Non-Lethal Damned 2

By Dalerik, in Anima: Beyond Fantasy RPG

Hey everybody

Im finally getting better at GM'ing and anima in general and i really wanna thank you guys because I've been reading lots of topics on these forums and hearing what you guys have said and its all been super useful. just wanted to thank you for that. great community.

now onto the real topic, one of my players is interested in taking damned 2. now I'm not a fan of anything that would kill my players outright, i don't think any of us would have fun with the risk of instadeath (that being said combat is no cakewalk for them either). so i gave him a few pitches on damned 2's he could take and none of them popped for him, so i told them to try coming up with something of their own and they can't think of anything. then i got to thinkning, either he just doesn't take damned 2 at all, or i could ask you guys for some Damned 2's that you guys have used, or even thought of.

not only would it help me out, but I'm sure it would help anyone else who is looking to add some cool damned's to their collection. so feel free to post any and all of your favorite/most used Damned Disadvantages, i would really appreciate it, thanks.

Permission--The character is unable to take an action without permission. ((Some permissions are implied, ie, if someone attacks they are implying that they expect him to fight)). Non-lethal because there is no "or else", it's just, is it allowed? No, then I can't do it.

The character in question would simply talk to people, tricking them into giving him permission to do things. He got one person to unknowingly agree to get turned into a chaos elemental bound to a ring. The spell in question allows a save, but since the person gave permission the GM made the save harder. He can't initiate combat, and pursuing personal goals is very difficult, but the extra RP makes it worth it for me.

No control-- The character has no control over the supernatural abilities he has. Summoner? The summons come and go at will, harassing him, teasing, sometimes taking swings. Magic? The spells are cast at random without the wizard's choosing. He could be sitting at a fire, and yawn. . .fire goes out. Psychic, Ki, whatever.

The character counteracted this by stealing the artifact shackles from Tol Rauko. So, character was shackled the whole time, but he caused so much trouble for the group. Loads of fun.

Edited by SIlkentoes

Protector.

For every damage taken by an ally this characters initiative score drops by 1. The score can become negative.

This was a damed I used for a tank type character I created. In big combats she could end up suprised a lot.

I have two damneds Im pitching right now. The story of the yet to happen adventure is based around lineages of a set of adventurers. My character is Immortal. Now thats not immortal as in he cant die no no no this is a darker kind of immortal. He can die and he will die of old age but his soul reincarnates and can never find true peace. Even if he lives out his life and dies happy he'll reincarnate without any of his powers but have memories of the cataclysmic events thats wreck the world every few generations.

1. His immortal soul cant find peace and his rebirth after each death is a catalyst for each catastrophic event. (as a way to hook my immortality in without just the hand wave yeah yeah hes immortal)

2. His curse is that anyone he knows weither it is family or lovers eventually unerroringly suffer some dire event thats usually fatal or at least the equivilant of that.

I thought of one. I thought it was a one point, but then realized that as the game progresses it actually gets worse. Contrary, any power that another party member/opponent has is unusable by this character. As one party member learns Ki, the damned one loses his abilities. Magic-user? If the foe has identical spellset, this character loses those spells. If he's Contrary -and- Natural (spell-less) caster he'd lose the Gift entirely. Not permanenty, just as long as someone close has the abilities. HIs abilities -must- be unique to the group, or they are "locked" away.