What sort of expansion do you hope/think they will come up with next?

By Zogwort, in Relic

Me, I'm kind of hoping to see an expansion based on the Webway that features Commorragh and the Black Library which could maybe only be accessed through Forgotten Portals or some such or by earning affiliation with the Harlequins. That would be pretty cool IMO.

What would you like to see in Relic's future?

commorragh sound nice, and they have a book about it in RT. maybe a new deck (purple) for that sector.
i will like to see more female character maybe DE witch like nemesis or the arch militant from RT.

Fleshing out / building upon the webway portal aspect of the game sounds good.

Introduce new Nemesis mechanics!!!

- Make them more interesting to play.

- More Imperium deck cards (burn through this deck too easy) or a secondary versus deck to give you more choice.

- Start with Might (ie. Power clone) cards, provide a Might deck.

- Make the board / spaces more interesting for Nemeses.

- Maybe additional ways to interact with players, or more benefit. Something to appear more threatening and Nemesis like.

Skill Tests

- More skill tests introduced to make skill bonuses more worthwhile. (Halls of Terra helped a bit in this aspect which was good).

- Need more skill tests on the main board.

Power cards

- Additional power cards with more player interaction and easier methods to obtain power cards.

Movement

- Address the common complaint / issue of not being able to land on a space you require for 5 turns.

New threat decks

- Maybe a green Necrons deck. Although this is probably fit for a side board. And right now I think people are looking for something more added to the main board.

- Maybe a dual green deck system, one for the characters to vs, and one for the Nemeses to vs.

- Maybe a deck specific to the middle tier to make this tier more interesting.

Edited by warlock00

I like the idea of adding in DE and Necrons with their own respective decks (purple for DE and green for the Necrons) and Nemesis pieces. Maybe even with some side boards too.

More cards for all of the decks too. Add in some more variety.

No more boards please - my table is full.

I'd wish fore more Imperial cards - in fact, more of the same in every card stack. More Scenarios, more characters! Why not a Character pack?

This. I don't want to see this game turn into another Talisman.

Better add an ork nemesis, preferrably a kommando, which will suit and justify him working alone.

An Ork Nemesis would be awesome, especially a Kommando.

Ork Nemesis 100%.

Though, given how Blood Axes were hired by the Imperium on occasion, in extremis it could be done as a character that could be played either as a standard character or nemesis.

ORKISH NEMESIS ABOVE ALL AND A NEW FULL SET OF NEW CHARACTERS AND BRAND NEW NEMESIS WITH CORRELATED THREAT DECKS AND MORE CARDS FOR THE IMPERIALS TOO SUCH AS NEW "IMPERIUM DECK CARDS" AND MORE BRAND NEW CORE SET / SETS OF WARGEAR CARDS SUCH AS:

1 - NEW IMPERIAL CHARACTERS LIKE:

* A "brutal and lethal" VENERABLE DREADNOUGHT or DREADNOUGHT CHARACTER (with starting stats like STR 8 or 9 // Willp 5 // Cunn 1; with skills to roll multiple dice in combat + a skill bonus of "3" similar to the base +1 / +2 bonuses seen on the Space Marine and Imperial Guard characters and with the malus that he cant wield any weapon or armours taken from the wargears deck; and similar things =) )

* A "Space Marine Chaplain" focused on Cunning and Power Cards

* A "Space Marine Commander / Sergeant" focusing on Power Cards and Willpower which CAN activate CORRUPTION CARDS (in opposition to the Space Marine Char already published which cant do it)

* An "Hive Boss" or an "Hive Inhabitant of whatever genre and type" focusing on ammassing wargears and relics and Cunning stats and combats

2 - NEW WARGEARS LIKE:

* THE HEAVY BOLTER !!! WHY THEY HAVE NOT ADDED IT ??? IT IS THE ICONIC ITEM OF WARHAMMER 40 0000 !!! WHAT AN ERESY THEY COMMITTED !!! LOL

(Maybe it could allow the user to use it thee times spending "flash tokens"; adding a +4 to STR combat rolls or allowing to roll three dice and add the results to the Willpower combat rolls; costing 6 influence toks to obtain it from the wargears deck)

* THE JET PACK USED BY THE ASSAULT TEAMS OF THE SPACE MARINES CHAPTERS (same address given for the HvyBOLTER - WHY they did not added such iconic item ?); maybe it could grant the user to avoid enemies in a space but only if in the adiacent spaces there are enemies, that MUST BE CHOSEN to be attacked and NOT AVOIDED, ALLOWING THE USER TO AVOID JUST THE ENEMIES IN THE SPACE INTO WHICH HE IS NOW or similar mechanics !!!)

* THE NORMAL BOLTER... SAME ADDRESS FOR THE 2 ITEMS ABOVE MENTIONED !!! (It could grant a +1 Bonus to Willpower battles / a + 2 in STR battles and a + 3 in Cunn and / or a mix of them and / or similar mechanics; for a cost of 3 to acquire such item from the wargear deck)

* SOME NEW APOSTATE WEAPONS AND ASSETS OR RELICS COMING FROM THE TAU RACE OR THE DARK ELDARS OR THE NORMAL ELDARS TOO

* SOME NEW "FOLLOWER - ALLIED" ASSETS SUCH AS, a new set of allies like an "Imperial Heavy Bolter Team", a "Scout Marines Team", "Imperial Artillery Crewmen" AND "WAR TITANS"... Each of them with its particular stats / skills / bonuses / combat stats and so on...) ------ and ---- similar stuff for the "Imperium Deck" too; used to combat nemesis... And not "deploable" by the base characters...

3 - ORKISH NEMESIS PACK, INCLUDING: a * WEIRD BOY (Basically an Orkish Version of the base Psyker Character) - using tons of "Power Cards" for nemesis and spawning more and more ork enemies on the board...

an *ORK COMMANDOS" (focusing on Cunning instead of willpower as for the Weird Boy) - it should have bonuses of various type if it encouters the characters while he is on the "Death World" spaces or "Ork Waaggh" space and he also should have the skill to use and replenish the "Imperium Deck"'s card called "Ork Choppa" and use it not to simply "discard" an Imperium Agent card on its space, but to help other orks in combat or to aquire the Imp Agents instead of discarding them !!!

an "ORK WARBOSS" - WITH THE SKILL, AND NEMESIS DECK CARDS THAT ARE NEW ORK ENEMIES TO BE PLACED ON THE BOARD, TO MASS AND SPAWN NEW ORKISH STYLED THREATS AND ENEMIES ALL AROUND THE TABLE AND WITH NEW ORKISH ITEMS TO USE AND / OR TO BE CONSIDERED AS "APOSTATE ASSETS" USABLE BY THE PLAYERS

4 - A VERY COOL AND NEW SET OF NEMESIS AND RELATED THREAT CARDS (RED / BLUE / YELLOW / ORANGE) LINKED TO THE TAU AND THE DARK ELVES !!!

id love to get an expansion where we get some stuff from forgotten lore of the older stuff, like allied eldar or tau, nemesis's are and interesting idea but i feel it limits how they can be used. id like to see species we havent seen in a long time like the shark people or squats

while not exactly doable through solely ffg id like to see gw put out a character pack expansion where we can get actual models for our characters

we really do need orks and a waaagh themed expansion where the nemesis is a warboss and that player attempts to take over the board

a spacehulk board would be an interesting expansion, have a whole side board where we go into the space hulk and look for artifacts

more characters of more then just imperium and more meaningful nemesis's where it feels like a group effort to take them down

Ork nemesis, please!

Edited by Graverobber

I don't want more boards as the set up is big enough but would like to see new threat decks (especially necrons). If there was a necron scenario then it could start to populate the board with necron threat icons, replacing the other threat icons. Other board features could also be taken over characters and nemesis would be fighting against them.

- More Imperium deck cards (burn through this deck too easy) or a secondary versus deck to give you more choice.

- Maybe additional ways to interact with players, or more benefit. Something to appear more threaten

Nemesis Missions would be nice, maybe even give Nemesis Relics and another way of winning than 25 infamy. Currently, playing a Nemesis is really the only way to get any real PvP going, but running a Nemesis is bland compared to characters, who have Missions to give them short-term goals in addition to doing normal levelling up stuff. With the spaces hardly mattering (any 1-icon space is the same as another 1-icon space), Nemesis lacks a layer of gameplay that characters have.

As well as expansions, I think Character/Nemesis booster packs could be a thing. Cheaper and easier to turn out than full blown expansions, and you can pick and choose which Character/Nemesis that you want.

As well as expansions, I think Character/Nemesis booster packs could be a thing. Cheaper and easier to turn out than full blown expansions, and you can pick and choose which Character/Nemesis that you want.

I totally love that idea!

Edited by PzVIE

I guess, given the model already in use for Descent Lieutenants, that this could be a thing.

Mix of current talisma(small boxes)/runebound(themed decks)/descent(lieutenants/bosses) expansion releasing model would be nice, still I would like to have a expansion with more content for base game than halls of terra has-for example 1 agent&1nemesis with alternative threat decks for example necron/ork/tau themed. I hope that there will be some news soon on relic product line.

I was thinking that a "Heroes of the Imperium" would be nice. A character pack with named characters from the universe, i.e. Eisenhorn. Ravenor, Fenris...etc. Or take it a step above and do patriarch packs where you can play as leaders of the chapters. Just saying, playing as Lionl Johnson would be pretty sweet. I'm also a fan of the Dark Angels so A Deathwing Dreadnaught would be sweet as well. Or a Space Wolf.

I see many suggestions about new boards such a "Space Hulk" and I would agree 100% that it would be awesome to add more boards. The biggest complaint and rightfully so is that the game already takes up massive amounts of table space and I would like not to have to purchase another table to accomodate this. Then it dawned on me, you dont need to play with every expansion board. I would be down for new boards absolutely.

This. I don't want to see this game turn into another Talisman.

Better add an ork nemesis, preferrably a kommando, which will suit and justify him working alone.

Why a Kommando ?!? I prefer to see an iconic Orkish warboss like Uruk Thraka or similar !!! HE IS JUSTIFIED TO "FUORK ALONE" --- NOT A MERE "ORKISH LAME KOMMANDO WHICH UZEZ UN-ORKISH TAKTIKS " (IMAGINE THE SUGGESTED ORKISH CHIEFTAIN MUMBLING BY HIMSELF WHY FFG AND GW HAVE OPTED TO CHOOSE A SIMPLE KOMMANDO INSTEAD OF HIM !!! WHAT AN OFFENSE FOR HIS EGO... SOME HUMIEZ NEED SOME HEADZ BASHED TO REMEMBER THEM WHO... IS THE REAL KAPO OF THE ORKESH HORDEZ ---- WAAAAAAAGHHHH !!!)

Though, given how Blood Axes were hired by the Imperium on occasion, in extremis it could be done as a character that could be played either as a standard character or nemesis.

Really ? Do the xenofobic Imperium hire "orks contractors" to fight its wars (in what occasion such heresy happened)?!? Orks instead disciplined and almost unbeatable Space Smurfs or Imperial "Astra Militarum" Guard ?!?

Fleshing out / building upon the webway portal aspect of the game sounds good.

- Maybe additional ways to interact with players, or more benefit. Something to appear more threatening and Nemesis like.

Skill Tests

- More skill tests introduced to make skill bonuses more worthwhile. (Halls of Terra helped a bit in this aspect which was good).

- Need more skill tests on the main board.

Power cards

- Additional power cards with more player interaction and easier methods to obtain power cards.

Movement

- Address the common complaint / issue of not being able to land on a space you require for 5 turns.

New threat decks

- Maybe a green Necrons deck. Although this is probably fit for a side board. And right now I think people are looking for something more added to the main board.

- Maybe a dual green deck system, one for the characters to vs, and one for the Nemeses to vs.

- Maybe a deck specific to the middle tier to make this tier more interesting.

What I REALLY WOULD LIKE TO BUY AND SEE: an expansion that allows to use the iconic weapons of the boardgame version of the game WH 40K... The jetpacks, THE HEAVY AND NORMAL BOLTERS, the chainswords (only one... IN THE RED THREAT DECK TO BE DIGGED FOR IS AN INSANE TASK AND FRUSTRATING IF YOU WANT YOUR SPACE MARINE CHARACTER OR COMMISSAR USE THAT WEAPON IN MELEE !!!) AND ... LAST BUT NOT THE LEAST... A NEW CHARACTER AND MECHANICS RELATED: THE DREADNOUGHT !!! I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO USE A DREAD // WALKER when my character dies... The rule stating "return all your coins and trophies to the box and restart from the Saint Antias space is ridiculous IMO !!!).

Maybe the dread character bust and stats should replace a died character if the current scenario allows it... Maybe the "start from saint antias rules" should be taken or revised to implement such mechanics into the core set of Relic... Maybe that walker should have more than only 12 points in one or all the dials... Or similar stuff... But it should not use or discard normal weapons... And it can also lead to a release of a brand new deck or decks just to be added and used when one or more walkers / dreads are in play !!!

Hmm, i hope for 1 more expansion, and then i'd consider the game complete.

Given what we currently have, there's apparently one spot left : 2 cunning, 2 willpower and 1 strenght Nemesis.

So that leaves 1 missing strenght Nemesis to give equal odds for to the character/heroes when randomly determining the nemesis. Right now, strenght focused characters have higher odds than others of facing an uphill battle vs nemesis.

Orks would be a fairly obvious strenght nemesis, although i am not sure what new mechanics he could have. We already have "swarming" Nemesises and "brute" style ones. An ork kommando nob (stealth and undercover mechanics (à la Mister X maybe) or flash git boss (gear based or being a gun for hire for everyone). One thing going for orks is that they are already in the story/system so the mechanics could benefit from the existing threat cards.

That being said, a strenght based dark eldar Wytch is also very possible (normal DE would be cunning, and haemonculi would be willpower). It could expand on the webway portal mechanism which i find somewhat lacking. There could even be some rivalry between it and the current eldar nemesis if they ever are on the board at the same time (6 player game). Unlike orks though, there's no other dark eldar cards showing their presence in the game so far.

Edited by Oakwolf

I emailed this question direct to the FF customer services contact form... the response I recieved was a somewhat underwhelming "there are no announcements planned for relic in the near future"

I felt this intimated that there will likely not be any more expansions, probably while they concentrate on producing ever increasing numbers of expansion decks for the various lcg's and more and more Descent add ons.. which is what the news feed seems to be full of lately...