The Witche's Song

By PadreBoniface, in WFRP Gamemasters

What's up! Do you have any tips for a GM preparing to run this adventure? Are there any traps? Do you have any advices or additional materials? How did it work for you with all this factions and favour tracking?

I have seen some reviews, but they were really vague, mostly general impressions.

I consider it one of the best adventures - think gothic Hammer horror when running it and describing things.

You can find my play log of it on this board

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/50254-witchs-song-play-report/

This includes how I tied some things into my campaign, PC backgrounds etc.

Earlier edition Marienburg supplements and the Dying Light adventure, 1000 Thrones 1st chapter, can all provide more information about the region, swamp etc.

Played up tragedy etc., created "Dubious Pleasures of the Cursed Marshes" card deck to draw from for random fun while exploring (doing 3rd edition versions of some stuff from the above bits).

pm me your email and I'll send you that and anything else I can dig up.

Well.. dude, you are like a gold mine for the whole community! Also question to other Game Masters - how many sessions have you needed for this adventure?

hello

from memory, probably 4 big sessions (our sessions are about 10 hours long)

It's my second favorite campaign/scenario from FFG, first one is their vision of Enemy Within of course!

10 hours? Holy cow! :-O

10 h! Do you also roleplay sleeping? :D

I'm lucky to get a 5 hour session :P

Which makes the cards with "once per session" have a pretty warying degree of usefullness.

For the record: The whole adventure took us 5 sessions (each lasting 4-5 hours).

PS: WOW! The Witch's Song adventure was a blast! Our group had some great time with it! Solid, well done scenario.

Yes, it's a really great and memorable adventure. My players still talk about the happenings and NPCs in that adventure sometimes, and it's probably like 2 years or more since we played it.

I can push for four hours and then I start falling asleep. I've never run witches song. It does look like a well made scenario for WFRP3 though.

PS: WOW! The Witch's Song adventure was a blast! Our group had some great time with it! Solid, well done scenario.

That's my favorite Warha3 scenario.

I've played it has a player, and also ran it as a GM for another RPG.

Now I'm currently running it again, for new players in Warha3.

One thing is puzzling me though: Krijn stat card gives him 5 in defense. Am I missing something ? It looks weird to me, 5 black dice in defense, what could possibly justify this ? Just random black magic ? Or maybe I've misplaced an Hedge Magic defense card that Krijn can use ? It's not a mistake mentionned in the errata.

That's my favorite Warha3 scenario.

I've played it has a player, and also ran it as a GM for another RPG.

Now I'm currently running it again, for new players in Warha3.

One thing is puzzling me though: Krijn stat card gives him 5 in defense. Am I missing something ? It looks weird to me, 5 black dice in defense, what could possibly justify this ? Just random black magic ? Or maybe I've misplaced an Hedge Magic defense card that Krijn can use ? It's not a mistake mentionned in the errata.

5 defence?

Definitely checking my copy of witches song to confirm that.

Yes, its 5, I was also confused. I guess it applies only on the marches, as he has special movement bonus while on them. Mobility=defence in this case... I suppose.

And he has hedge magic to give him more and hidey hidey as well!

He needs it all and the construct, in WFRP a pack of PC's ganging up on one NPC can take them down pretty awfully fast. Particularly if you want to let him have screen time enough for some tragic speechifying etc.

Really what you need there is something like a few Grey magic spells to help hide his narrow ass. Then maybe Black Crown of Anazripal...

Then maybe traitor of tarn their hitter.