First Episode of New UFS Podcast!

By Mt_Do, in UFS General Discussion

Yep it is up and ready to go, our new UFS Podcast which I have dubbed the official podcast of the fans of UFS. Here is Episode 1

http://ufspodcast.aslum.net/CCR_Episode_1.mp3

I hope you can dl it without any problems. if not, than try to contact me about it and I will see what I can do along with Aslum to get it squared away. Finally, I am hoping to get a hold of Proto and Vikramas to see if they would like to upload these episodes to their respective sites. The more listners the more fun. Also, I do hope that by doing it this way I won't have to post , "New Episode up, CHECK it OUT!" and annoy the hell out of the community. Just not my style demanding an online reach around...cough..CK..cough! (You can figure it out guys.)

Please Comment.

Happy Gaming,

Mt_Do

Oh yeah! Control Check radio!!!

Love the disclaimer happy.gif

Good stuff ^^

- dut

thanks dut. Scott gaines is definately the man to go to when it comes to disclaimers. As you listen though, notice how Chubbs and Scott bounce ideas off of each other. Agreeing or not, I think we got the right hosts in this show. It was fun doing this than the other one. Laughs to be had by the whole cast.

Mt_Do said:

thanks dut. Scott gaines is definately the man to go to when it comes to disclaimers. As you listen though, notice how Chubbs and Scott bounce ideas off of each other. Agreeing or not, I think we got the right hosts in this show. It was fun doing this than the other one. Laughs to be had by the whole cast.

Definately good, entertaining hosts, I'll probably listen to it twice today at the office once for laughs and once to glean opinion and info.

Listening to it now, once it picks up and you all 3 start discussing its getting really good.

Looking forward to the next one and thank you for putting this together.

- dut

I'm not going to have time to listen to it all before work, but the Redemption idea ... it's already been done. It was card called of the month.

There are two huge advantages to doing the way it was done before.

First, save postage on both ends.

Two, you can only get the cards by supporting your LGS, you can't just buy the boxes online so it supports your LGS.

Oh.. and Three, you get your cards the instant you buy those packs!

Downside is you can't buy one pack now, and 3 packs tomorrow, and then 2 another day to trade 'em in. You'd have to buy 6 at once.

so aslum has entered the arena. I see your point. I think what chubbs was aiming for was the old promo idea that DBZ by Score or Upper Deck, I can't remember, and I think magic. But hey, you know how it is. I do think though that FFG needs to do that again. Boosted sales at our LGS several times.

BTW, this show was possible due to the hosts, Scott Gaines and Chubbs as well as Aslum for helping me get this up. Thanks dude. Oh and the letter "F"..for f*ck.

Dut, glad you approve.

I posted a link to the podcast on my site, and will update it as new episodes are posted. No problem.

Also, my blogsite has a new name - Throwdown, The UFS Blog - and a new look, so enjoy y'all.

In addition to all that, James asked me to write some stuff for the official mini-site, no parameters given yet but look for that sometime soon.

I'm digging all this, hardcore, btw...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!

I listen to it for the first 5 seconds and I fall off my throne twice!!!!

Shaneth said:

Lol. Yeah, same here. I want Chubbs' mom as a special guest by the end of the year. DO IT

- dut

This was so much fun, look forward to the next one, glad you guys liked it. the next one will be more organized on my part and i'll prolly talk about a deck or something. idk.

anything you guys want talked about.

edit: also when chubbs took a **** i was dying, i'm suprised i held it together.

dutpotd said:

Shaneth said:

Lol. Yeah, same here. I want Chubbs' mom as a special guest by the end of the year. DO IT

- dut

Scott Gaines said:

edit: also when chubbs took a **** i was dying, i'm suprised i held it together.

Hey, where do we send our UFS drink ideas btw?

Also, I think I'm going to have to travel to Hannover for their store championship as well Scott, so you'd better be prepared!

The best thing about UFS is the community, and a podcast is a great way for players who don't have the luxury to travel often - like some of the ones where I am in Calgary - to truly get a feeling for what some of the personalities are like. My goal this year is to get more of my players to travel, and things like the podcast, people like Chubbs, Scott, and Mt. Do all do a great deal to help my cause.

- dut

Yep shaneth I was thrown off by the shitter. Bold move chubbs, bold move. CHUBBS is a permenant host. Let that b noted.

To vik: thanks for adding us to your site. Much appreciated.

to dut: it is cool to know that we can be part of your UFS community.

As for the Official Mixed drink contest...expect the deadline to be announced on the next episode of Control Check Radio. Scott and I will be deliberating on that soon.

Once you get another ep in the can (holy **** puns), the hater of all haters shall give this a listen.

Why would you not give it a listen right now?

Shaneth said:

Why would you not give it a listen right now?

And waste that pun?

Seriously though feeling bit bleh right now. Not in the mood for gutbusting (holy **** another pun) hilarity.

Hope you guys discovered Astrid's second ability lol. It isn't yoshiMITSU, it's yoshiTORA >_>

Loved the podcast, not much tripping over each other, very entertaining, very productive.

Loving the drink idea, I'll have to get some pointers from my bartenders. Is this going to be a monthly production?

MarcoPulleaux said:

Hope you guys discovered Astrid's second ability lol. It isn't yoshiMITSU, it's yoshiTORA >_>

Loved the podcast, not much tripping over each other, very entertaining, very productive.

Loving the drink idea, I'll have to get some pointers from my bartenders. Is this going to be a monthly production?

This is going to be a bi-monthly production. If Scott and Chubbs say otherwise though, there maybe and I mean maybe three a month. I wouldn't count on it though. Peoples have lives.

yeah i'm gonna try to make the pa event. see if some atliens will come too?!?!! oh baby. ready to see you again and talk **** dut, you have improved so much def ready to do battle with you, we've never even played a game before!

prolly send the ufs drink ideas to mine or edwin's email, we'll let you guys know on the next episode.

The Godfather of Orange Card Blue Card and Sexy Parties,
Scott

I came on here to look for Store championship prize support details and I was pleasently shocked to see the podcast up since I thought it would take you more time to set up. I enjoyed the content and your honest assesment of the meta as it is. Pointing out the AIM/Deck building forum thing explains a lot of why things are the way they are. Thanks for clearing that stuff up. Hope to see more from you all.

NP DL. Yeah, it was not going to take that long because I still had my skype account and recorder. Folks that is all you need to make a podcast and it is so worth it. As for the Deck forums / aim...I was quite impressed with that. I have always been curious why one of the best tools to this game was never being used. Comes to show you that there are better things out there.

I'd disagree w/ the assessment of better. More convient for the people who do it? Sure. Better for the masses? No. Now if the transcripts got posted, that would be pretty **** awesome. As it stands though, the only people who benefit are the few who participate. Most people aren't in that circle, and many folks don't even have AIM.

gots to get the aim, it's super convenient, or just some form of chat. no pms is what's screwing stuff up. people might want to talk in private, not in a db forum. who knows.

Scott Gaines said:

yeah i'm gonna try to make the pa event. see if some atliens will come too?!?!! oh baby. ready to see you again and talk **** dut, you have improved so much def ready to do battle with you, we've never even played a game before!

prolly send the ufs drink ideas to mine or edwin's email, we'll let you guys know on the next episode.

The Godfather of Orange Card Blue Card and Sexy Parties,
Scott

Wait what event?

The truth is that unless you know someone or have some sort of interaction with them you wouldn't be able to talk to them on AIM. I think that the option of having people of same skill and desiring interaction would cling together. The thing I got from the AIM situation is try talking to someone else in another meta who is willing to compare notes on a regular basis. That would work better then talking to the champs.