Where would this character rank?

By Angelalex242, in General Discussion

In the Clone Wars old order?

In the NJO?

Is he a Knight? A Master? Well Built? Terribly Built?

I think he's just a Knight...even though it cost 600 xp to make him

Brawn 3, Agility 2, Intellect 2, Cunning 4, Willpower 3, Presence 2

Shien Expert Characteristics:

Defensive Training, Conditioning, Street Smarts, Shien Technique, Reflect, Toughened, Parry, Counterstrike, Parry (2), Djem So Deflection, Defensive Stance, Falling Avalanche

Total cost of Shien Expert: (Rank 1, 20. Rank 2, 30, Rank 3, 30, Rank 4, 40 Rank 5, 25=20+30+30+40+25=145

(Basically a Djem So user who has learned to be Cunning)

Shadow Characteristics:

Street Smarts, Mental Fortress, Dodge, Code Breaker, Anatomy Lessons, Force Rating.

5+10+15+20+25+25=100 (Nothing extraneous on the way to Force Rating. Straight shot there.)

Artisan Characteristics:

Solid Repairs, Grit, Inventor, Solid Repairs (2), Force Rating

5+10+15+20+20=70 (Nothing extraneous on the way to Force Rating. Straight shot there)

Skills:

I bought one rank in every career skill (just 1! and an extra 2 of Lightsaber)

I got 7 ranks for free... (Discipline and Vigilance from Human)

Rank 1 skills bought (at 5 XP a shot)
Astrogation, Athletics, Computer, Deception, Education, Mechanics, Skulduggery, Streetwise, Underworld (45) + 25 Lightsaber (+2 proficiency die)=70 on skills

(I actually think more should've been spent on skills...my personal philosophy for skills is that you should have one proficiency dice for every time a career skill or specialization 'repeats' from your list. You're supposed to be really good at those repeated things. But I declined to do that here.

If I followed through with that...
Career skills included Computer, Core Worlds, Deception, Perception, Skulduggery, Stealth
Shien Expert skills included Athletics, Lightsaber, Resilience, Skulduggery
Artisan skills included Astrogation, Computer, Education, Mechanics
Shadow skills included Skulduggery, Stealth, Streetwise, Underworld

(total proficiency dice should add up to Athletics 1, Astrogation 1, Computer 2, Core Worlds 1, Deception 1, Education 1, Perception 1, Resilience 1, Skulduggery 3, Stealth 2, Streetwise 1, Underworld 1. This costs an extra 40 xp to get the advanced skills in the overlapping areas (I would redesign my initial skills to set it up properly))

Now I spent some points on Force Powers. I spent 30 on most of them, with one at 25 and one at 20.

On Enhance

Control: Coordination, Control: Resilience, Force Leap (Horizontal) and Force Leap (Vertical) were added for 30 points

On Foresee
Control: Initiative, Strength, Magnitude, and Control: Defense were purchased. Total of 25.

On Influence
Control: Emotion/Belief, Range, Control: Skills purchased, Total of 30

On Move
Range, Control Hurl, Control Pull purchased. Total of 20

On Sense
Control: Upgrade Difficulty, Control, Sense Thoughts, and Duration purchased. Total of 30.

For me, the basic rule is something like FR1=Initiate, FR2=Padawan, FR3=Knight, FR4=Master, and FR5=Grand Master.

So, a Knight is likely to have two or more Specializations, while a Master has three or more, and a Grand Master has four or more.

Everything else being equal, I would put your build at Knight level but very close to Master. I think there are other builds which would reach Master sooner and with less XP, but they wouldn’t be as well-rounded.

But maybe that’s just me. YMMV.