Spirit Animals...

By jackyboy, in Talisman Home Brews

I had an idea for some homebrew, definitely inspired somewhat from the Shaman character competition winner. Here is my idea

As a character continues their epic journey much is learnt and wisdom is gained. As a way of showing this, if the character reaches a certain amount of wisdom then he/she may seek enlightenment from the village mystic and perhaps gain the inner strength of their spirit animal.

Once a character has gained a relic, a destiny and a treasure card; each from their respected mini bosses at the end of the three corner expansions, then he/she able to seek enlightenment from the village mystic.

Roll the dice at the mystic in the village: 1-2: Endowed with the spirit of the Puma – You may add +2 to your movement roll and you may speed past the sentinel, 3-4: Endowed with the spirit of the bear – Add +2 to your base Strength and -3 to your roll in the Crypt, 5-6: Endowed with the spirit of the fox – Add +2 to your base Craft and -3 to your roll in the mines.

Once a character has been endowed with his/her spirit animal, it may never be taken away under any circumstance. If a character is killed then the spirit is released.

I had an idea for some homebrew, definitely inspired somewhat from the Shaman character competition winner. Here is my idea

As a character continues their epic journey much is learnt and wisdom is gained. As a way of showing this, if the character reaches a certain amount of wisdom then he/she may seek enlightenment from the village mystic and perhaps gain the inner strength of their spirit animal.

Once a character has gained a relic, a destiny and a treasure card; each from their respected mini bosses at the end of the three corner expansions, then he/she able to seek enlightenment from the village mystic.

Roll the dice at the mystic in the village: 1-2: Endowed with the spirit of the Puma – You may add +2 to your movement roll and you may speed past the sentinel, 3-4: Endowed with the spirit of the bear – Add +2 to your base Strength and -3 to your roll in the Crypt, 5-6: Endowed with the spirit of the fox – Add +2 to your base Craft and -3 to your roll in the mines.

Once a character has been endowed with his/her spirit animal, it may never be taken away under any circumstance. If a character is killed then the spirit is released.

An idea so good you said it twice!

:)

Edited by talismanisland

haha did I post it twice, ooppss thought something was a tad clitchy when posting it :)

Ooo I like it jacky