Q: Muertos Gang Member

By Dydra, in Android: Netrunner Rules Questions

http://netrunnerdb.com/en/card/08068

Text:

Resource : Connection • Install: 0 • Influence: 2

When you install Muertos Gang Member, the Corp must derez a card.

When Muertos Gang Member is uninstalled, the Corp may rez a card, ignoring the rez cost.

(trash): Draw 1 card.

La Señora de las Sombras giveth and taketh away.
Criminal • Matt Zeilinger • The Underway #68
So obviously my question is related to the text about " is uninstalled" and "trashed". For the sake of wording, they are not the same. However, uninstalling a resource seems impossible atm ( with the uninstall card, you can pick up only programs ). Furthermore, it doesn't say " when trashed" like the Tri-Maf.

What's your take on this?
If the Corp trashes this via tags, does the effect occur, or no, because it's not "uninstalled"?

I've had the same question. We've gone with "leaves play for any reason".

Trashing, bouncing back to hand, trashed by Corp, sold by Aesops, etc. Any time it leaves the play area for any reason.

That being said, there is no rules definition for "uninstall" and we could be 100% wrong

On one hand since you "install" all resources, hardware and programs, it sort of makes sense for them to "leave play" = "uninstall".

If that's not the case however, this seems to be a very very solid control-card. Considering the faction and that I've seen how a 20+ "Off-Campus" Andromeda does work ... this will be pretty powerful

Edited by Dydra

There is a definition of "Uninstall" right in the FAQ:

Uninstalled

Anytime an installed card enters HQ, R&D, Archives, or the
Runner’s grip, stack, or heap, or is removed from the game, the
card has been “uninstalled.”

Using its {trash} ability would uninstall it, as would a card effect or the corporation targeting it to be trashed.

Edited by Grimwalker

Alright, great. So that makes sense. Not as OP as expected. :)