Card distribution The Great Devourer

By windforce, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

Is there any information on the card distribution (number of copies) of the Great Devourer expansion set? Will 1 box give me all the cards I need (3 copies of each) or do I need to buy 3 boxes in order to get a complete play set for all cards?

Thanks!

Edited by windforce

For the non-signature cards (i.e. everything other than warlords and their retinue) you will get 3 of each, just as you would in a warpack expansion.

So yes, you will be able to purchase one copy and have a full playset of the cards you are able to include in a given deck.

Edited by Khouri

Other than some early deluxe expansions (the Greyjoy and Martell boxes in Game of Thrones, Secrets of Arkham in Call of Cthulhu, maybe one of the Warhammer: Invasion boxes, never played that one; and all of these were revised to have triplicate distribution), there has only ever been one deluxe expansion for an LCG that has not contained a complete playset. Edge of Darkness, the first box for Star Wars, you needed to buy two copies of, and FFG was extremely up front about this.

Which is to say, yes, this will provide a complete playset. Not sure about the Synapse units, you theoretically probably only need one copy of those, so it may be that those come as singletons too (though in that case, I'd expect 6 synapses, not the 5 we're getting, so everything is still multiples of 3).

We also have this from the initial announcement:

In this deluxe expansion, each of the seven factions introduced in the Core Set gains six new cards (three copies each of two distinct cards)

Which is to say, yes, this will provide a complete playset. Not sure about the Synapse units, you theoretically probably only need one copy of those, so it may be that those come as singletons too (though in that case, I'd expect 6 synapses, not the 5 we're getting, so everything is still multiples of 3).

I had not thought about the synapse units, but it would make sense to have these as singles too rather than redundant copies (assuming you can only field one). I'd echo the 6 thought to keep it as a multiple of 3 but there are alternative options.

We also have this from the initial announcement:

In this deluxe expansion, each of the seven factions introduced in the Core Set gains six new cards (three copies each of two distinct cards)

My Tau are waiting.... they will happily incorporate any new cards into their gameplay.... :D