358/2 Days

By Trothael, in Odds & Ends

You guys get it on Tuesday.

I'm stuck waiting until the 9th of October (10 more days....I can wait 10 more days...)

So, we gonna hit up some wifi multiplayer like the coolios we are?

I swear I will complete this game in a single sitting. I have waited for this for long enough,

multiplayer will be sweetness. hopefully I can actually GET the game on tuesday...might be havin surgery, not sure atm

Been playin KH2 for the past week tho, for prep

Trying to beat TWEWY's final boss on hard mode is keeping me sharp in preparation.

I really need to go out and buy a PS2 and assorted KH games again...

Trothael said:

You guys get it on Tuesday.

I'm stuck waiting until the 9th of October (10 more days....I can wait 10 more days...)

So, we gonna hit up some wifi multiplayer like the coolios we are?

I swear I will complete this game in a single sitting. I have waited for this for long enough,

Sorry troth, theres no wifi. unless you mean local wireless.

I've been busy doing the level 1 Challenge On KH2 Final Mix+. It's really difficult. I was stuck on Barbossa for a long time, until i started abusive the reaction commands. I'm currently in Space Paraniod. I keep dying because I can only take 3 hits while riding that motorcycle. But yeah, the day is almost here. I'm missing a day of school AND going there early (6:00 A.M.) to get the game ASAP. My skin just crawls at the thought of playing it. I can't stop moving, can't sleep, I just want the game so badly now.

I've had it since yesterday. ^_^

I'm preordering my real copy today (why did I put it off til now?) and getting it whenever it arrives via mail (I've decided to go with Best Buy's preorder but I went to the store and they said they don't do DS games... so I hafta preorder online I guess...).

that really sux. I'm gonna get the special preorder postcards and the poster from Gamestop...yay! I've had the game since it came out in Japan...but that was in Japanese, in English, I've had it since yesterday...Card_Breaker, my friend told me there is a way to transfer save files. So I got really far in the game, and I'm gonna try to transfer it...if not, it's OK, playing it again doesn't hurt.

EDIT: I just got a new DSi for the game...that will be the only game to touch it...

TheChampIsHere said:

that really sux. I'm gonna get the special preorder postcards and the poster from Gamestop...yay! I've had the game since it came out in Japan...but that was in Japanese, in English, I've had it since yesterday...Card_Breaker, my friend told me there is a way to transfer save files. So I got really far in the game, and I'm gonna try to transfer it...if not, it's OK, playing it again doesn't hurt.

EDIT: I just got a new DSi for the game...that will be the only game to touch it...

Meh, I have the KHFM+ in the plastic sleeve and it is pretty cool. So I'm getting that. The poster and postcards I can get off ebay if I ever want them though prolly not. The voice acting is good for some characters but amateur for others. It really sucks how they didn't fix the mouthing after all. I still prefer the scenes in japanese though. Also, if you transfer saves, don't you need like an AR Duo to do so?

Pretty sure, two of my friends have them, and they are really useful, becasue you can save any save file to the computer for future reference so that it can't be deleted. The game is great, but I have to agree with you on the voice acting, besides the KH2 organization members, the rest seem oddly dull and rushed...almost like they just really wanted to start the game so they got whatever voice actors they could find.

TheChampIsHere said:

whatever voice actors they could find.

All the original voice actors from KH2 reprised their roles in 358/2 Days, y'know?

TheChampIsHere said:

Pretty sure, two of my friends have them, and they are really useful, becasue you can save any save file to the computer for future reference so that it can't be deleted. The game is great, but I have to agree with you on the voice acting, besides the KH2 organization members, the rest seem oddly dull and rushed...almost like they just really wanted to start the game so they got whatever voice actors they could find.

Then yeah, you can transfer the save. I want an AR Duo to do so, but I don't really need it so I'm not gonna get one. If I did, I'd use it maybe once or twice which would be a waste of money.

TheChampIsHere said:

The game is great, but I have to agree with you on the voice acting, besides the KH2 organization members , the rest seem oddly dull and rushed.

I know, I stated that the KH2 ones are good.

I've been playin it non-stop for the past 2 days now. And maybe this is just me, but does anyone else have this strange feeling? A feeling like this ISN'T a Kingdom Hearts game? Maybe it's just the whole "Mission" layout of the game, maybe it's because this game is the 1st to not feature the familiar Sora as a playable character, or maybe it's the graphics (very similar to those familiar with the Spectrobes games) I just don't seem to get the same level of joy playing this game that I did playing all the other KH games.

So I'm on Day 122 atm. Kinda just playin the game to get through it. Like I said, it doesn't thrill me as much as it's predecessors. I gotta say, I love the detailed World graphics and the awesome music. I sometimes wonder how they managed to fit all this stuff onto one little DS cartridge. I haven't played multiplayer yet, but I have dabbled into the missions. After using Roxas for so long, it's hard to get adjusted to the other Org.XIII characters playstyle. Oh, and quick tip: playing with Larxene or Xigbar in Mission Mode is only favorable when in multiplayer.

I want to say I like the new panel system, I just hate that I can/should always re-customize it after every single mission. I'm one of those guys that loves to mess around with different item combinations and play styles, but I also like to be able to have one that I can use for a good hour or so without it being greatly beneficial to change it. I dunno, I have no real complaints about it.

The Org. moogle shop made me laugh. I swear, I want a picture of the Org.Moogle.

As for the characters...well Roxas just seems like a straight-up work zombie. Now normally I wouldn't mind that, but he has absolutly no other emotions than: complete quest. have ice cream. complete quest... It get's kind of dull when the main character is so predictable. I swear, when he started questioning Xemnas it seemed to come out of nowhere.

The daily mission system is also a bit wierd to me. Other than the times when you have multiple missions to accomplish, the day count seems to randomly jump around to be convenient. Some jumps I can understand, but others seem a bit random. Especially if you consider weeks will pass by in time, but events going on in the worlds you visit seem to be unchanged (still the same problems, no progress has been made, etc) I also don't like how you can't save during a mission. There were so many times when I needed to do something, but I had to sit through a good 10 minutes of a mission simply because I didn't want to lose progress.

Ehh, I got more to say but I'll save it until I've advanced a bit more. I still havent seen hide nor hair of notable characters other than the Org. members. Oh, and Pete, but he's not really notable.

You guys are so lucky. I don't even HAVE a DS yes, let alone 358/2 Days. I have to get a job first, which is near impossible.

My experience with it is almost the exact opposite of DM's. I hardly ever change my panels at all. To me, it DOES feel like a KH game, and I will agree that the video and audio quality is great. Haven't really tried Mission mode yet so. The missions are usually short enough that you don't need to save, and if you really need to, just put your DS in Sleep mode. Works for me, unless it's something about your panels, then I understand. I'm currently on Day 70ish and it seems to me that although Roxas hardly has a personality, he seems to slowly develop one. It's true that you hardly ever see anyone other than an Organization member.

It's kind of the point too not really see many characters, but you will. I find that you see a lot in Beast's Castle and Neverland...at least, thats my opinoin.

I hate Neverland. The fact that you can fly is cool, but hitting enemies became 10x harder since they had 3 dimensions to move about in. I just hate how I can be beating on something, then it flies away somewhere. And since B is the Jump button, whenever something goes higher I naturally press B. Stupid flying...

Challenges are pretty cool. I just hate how some of them almost require perfection, while others I can do in my sleep. And doing the Missions...well it's like NOBODY is as strong as Roxas. I swear, almost every Organization member takes 5 times longer to kill something than normal

Six more days...
SIX DAYS

devilmonkey...I"m assuming most of the perfection ones involve the timing challenges. They all become incredibly easier once you attain lvl 2 Glide ability. Also, I'd would wait until your level is somewhere in the 50's, that way all those enemies can be taken out with 1-2 shots (minus the Zip Slasher, it still takes me rougly 10)

6 more days now. i cant wait man OMG!!!!!1111!!1!11q!!!!!!1

TheChampIsHere said:

devilmonkey...I"m assuming most of the perfection ones involve the timing challenges. They all become incredibly easier once you attain lvl 2 Glide ability. Also, I'd would wait until your level is somewhere in the 50's, that way all those enemies can be taken out with 1-2 shots (minus the Zip Slasher, it still takes me rougly 10)

well where's the Challenge in that?

Whoot! Got my real copy today! Now to go through all those days again...

Beat it at 3:30 today. and I have the Zero Gear for the Oathkeeper/Oblivion

5 days and 6 hours until I'll have my copy.

devilmonkey said:

TheChampIsHere said:

well where's the Challenge in that?

Trust me, it's still a challenge, the only ones that it drastically helps you in finishing is collecting hearts, in which case you take off your levels...you know, in some challenges they cap your levels, and in most cases the cap is lvl 8. So my plan helps and make them become incredibly easier...but they are still a challenge.