Expansions

By LionCub, in Forbidden Stars

Straight to the point - will there be expansions to this game?

I really enjoy the concept of it, but 4 factions isn't enough in my mind. Before investing into it, I would like to know if there will be expansions with new factions (Necron's and Tyranids please? =)). At the end I might pick it up anyway, but I think more content would really benefit the game - and even making it possible to play 6 players (it's going to be slow and not everyone will want to play this way, but some of us do).

This is FFG, I'm not sure they make ANYTHING without considering expansions anymore, especially licensed products. I think additional factions is the obvious one, but there might be something that adds new types of planets or buildings to take. Either way I am buying everything for this and I hope Dark Eldar come out sooner than later :lol:

I expect we might see the following:

Race expansions for:

Dark Eldar

Necrons

Tau

Tyranids

Maybe Imperial Guard

Maybe more miniatures for each race (they did do this for Rune Wars)

More board sections

Maybe different faction sheets to include other craftworld/space marine/chaos space marine/ork groups with different unit stats and special powers.

Might see more cards for each race expanding the deck building potential.

A dice pack or maybe some form of app for dice rolling.

Although I have my doubts about this a 6 player expansion (although given how big the board might get, you may require a decent number of extra miniatures for each race, but this could tie into possible race expansion packs of more planets, miniatures & cards).

I know one who would instantly jump aboard with Tau and another who would want to play the Dark Eldars. Necrons and Tyranids are just so me =D

I hope your speculations come true, those additions would be awesome.

Although the W40K factions are not that strictly classified as "the good and the bad guys" as they are in the Warhammer universe (order and chaos), I think, the next expansion featuring (at least) two new factions will include Tau and one of the other bad factions (Necrons, Tyranids, Dark Elders). Am I wrong, that much more "evil" races exist within the W40K universe? Who of the good guys remain? Imperial Guard, Tau, and that's it, I guess (not to mention the other different Space Marine orders).

Beside new factions, buildings and game boards I'd like to see special characters. Heroes, Commanders and individuals who support the troups in battle (by adding extra morale, providing extra dices in combat,...).

Edited by Filbert

Heroes/Commanders would be an interesting expansion, might be something that also comes with a few cards.

The game is really great and it is quite obviously created with expansions in mind, They really kept their options open with the design.