TOOOO! MANY! DICE!!!!

By Desslok, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

I'm actually curious if anyone's ever found any other game systems that use a similar dice mechanic to work. It seems pretty great to use, but I only know the star wars games are the ones who use it (Dice with success/advantages and failure/disadvantages).

If not, is there a reason why?

I'm actually curious if anyone's ever found any other game systems that use a similar dice mechanic to work. It seems pretty great to use, but I only know the star wars games are the ones who use it (Dice with success/advantages and failure/disadvantages).

There's Warhammer FFG that uses the original narrative system that spawned EotE. EotE is Warhammer 2.0 meets Star Wars.

It's relatively new.

I'm hoping in a decade or so most of the RPG's offered by FFG will be using their narrative dice system. I'm also hoping it will eventually be known as a good substitute to those who find d20 tedious.

Edited by Sturn

It's a great opportunity to "rope" a new player in by giving them a set...

I killed two birds with one stone by selling all my Age of Rebellion stuff (the line I had the least interest in, but I'd picked up the CRB, Beginner Game and GM Kit because I have No Impulse Control) to a friend and fellow GM so he could run stuff for my group when I was away. Made some money, and some room in the dice box for the new set that came when I bought the Force and Destiny Beginner Game with said money.

There's Warhammer FFG that uses the original narrative system that spawned EotE. EotE is Warhammer 2.0 meets Star Wars.

It's relatively new.

I'm hoping in a decade or so most of the RPG's offered by FFG will be using their narrative dice system. I'm also hoping it will eventually be known as a good substitute to those who find d20 tedious.

I cant like this enough times. i find it unlikely i will roll a dice with numbers on it for RPGing any time in the next decade... unless its a Crit of course.