So what faction do the mini factions belong to?

By Marinealver, in Android: Netrunner The Card Game

So mini/sub new faction comes in but I am curious how deckbuilding works with these new factions. Do they take from there very own special card pool for non influence or do they depend on neutral cards to fill up their deck limit once their influence is spent? Or do they pull from say 2 other factions and then spend influence for the other faction?

They have their own cardpool.

From the announcement page:

test3.png

Bottom-right card is Apex's console, Heartbeat. Note the influence symbol.

From the description on the page:

We realized that our new Runners should belong to three new mini-factions, rather than a group of neutral Runners. I want to be very clear: we are not introducing a fourth, fifth, and sixth Runner faction to the game. The majority of the support these Runners will ever get is contained within Data and Destiny .

Emphasis mine.

So you can see, each of the new Runner mini-factions gets its own set of card support within the deluxe to give them the core feel and unique mechanics of their deck, while allowing a huge amount of customisation through the 25 influence. Note also that cards like Heartbeat carry influence pips, meaning ANY Runner could choose to spend influence on mini-faction cards if they desire too.

Edited by CommissarFeesh