[FRENCH PLAYER QUESTION] ICE TOMB QUESTS AND DUNGEON LEVEL (small spoilers)

By grouik2, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Hello!

I have a few questions after having read the rulebook quests please! gran_risa.gif

Dungeon level 41, what is it's purpose? What is new? Why not uses medusas and lava beettles? Red lava beetles are not used in any dungeon?

Quests : Why so many curses????

Quest 2 Start Area : what minions are described in the text??

Quest 3 Area 1 : Walking bead? What does it mean? sonrojado.gif

Quest 6 Area 8 : What is a normal frozen sarcophagus? preocupado.gif

grouik said:

Hello!

I have a few questions after having read the rulebook quests please! gran_risa.gif

Dungeon level 41, what is it's purpose? What is new? Why not uses medusas and lava beettles? Red lava beetles are not used in any dungeon?

Quests : Why so many curses????

Quest 2 Start Area : what minions are described in the text??

Quest 3 Area 1 : Walking bead? What does it mean? sonrojado.gif

Quest 6 Area 8 : What is a normal frozen sarcophagus? preocupado.gif

The point of level 41 is to add a new non-ToI level. It's pretty common for expansions which add levels to have one or more basic levels as well as new features levels.

"Curses" found in treasure chests grant the overlord extra threat instead of giving the heroes a curse token. To be honest, they should have been called threats. Anyways, curses are often used to make sure that the Overlord can trap certain treasure chests: I guess the designer wanted all chests to have a good chance of being trapped.

Quest 2 Start Area: Flavor text is for flavor only. Ignore it's little idiosyncrasies, it's not that reliable

Quest 3 Area 1: I'm assuming you mean the phrase "drawing beads on" (from "drawing a bead on"). It's an English idiom that means "targeting".

Quest 6 Area 8: Normal Frozen Sarcophagi are described on page 6 of the ToI Rulebook. Basically, they have no effect normally.

Thanks!!! gran_risa.gif