Tapestry Rewoven

By chemical22, in Talisman Rules Questions

Tapestry rewoven states that you discard your alternative ending and replace it with a new ending.

We were playing War of Seasons final ending and drew this card during the rush to the end.

In this instance, do you discard the current ending and draw a new one?

I would say that if the ending changes, then the new hidden ending is only revealed once a character encounters the Crown of Command space. It's just because the Crown is like any other space, and someone has to land on it and encounter it for the text to take effect. (The writing on the Ending Card is as if the text were on the space.)

For example, if a character is on the Crown and someone changes the ending, he has to wait until his next turn to reveal the ending. In the case of War of Seasons, players have to wait until someone reaches the Crown again to reveal the new ending. I think permanent death still applies though, as long as someone has reached the Crown once.

These aren't official rules though... I'm just trying to reason it out.

That was how we played it. Including perma-death.

It kind of took the wind out of our sales though... we were already at the 5 1/2 hour mark and just about ready finish the game (probably 2-3 turns away) when it happened. It turned everything upside down and probably put an hour back into the game because all our talismans were gone and the character's were all beat up pretty good from our race to the end.

I was the only one loving the mix up - the other two did not appreciate it. We had one lonely toaded player immediately forfeit and then the other player got to the portal of power, just in time for me to shatter his talisman ( I guess I could have not been so ruthless :) ). He then gave up too.

So kind of a disappointing finish to an otherwise really good match.

Edited by chemical22