Need help picking dieties for End of the World.

By Brother Malachai, in Wrath of the Gods

I was wondering from the other folks here which Lovecraftian entity you think would be the best fit for the "Midgard Serpent" of Ragnarok? I'm going to assume Yig, as Snakes are his thing.

Also, on a quasi-related note, I do remember a Robert E. Howard story (but I forget the title), where he made Thor a Lovecraftian entity/god.

Shud'mell the mother of shoes is a humongous serpent so would work best for jormonger.

Forgive my spellings here.

Shud'mell the mother of shoes is a humongous serpent so would work best for jormonger.

Forgive my spellings here.

Oh yes, forgot about her, I'll look her up, ty.

So are you doing the Ragnorak scenario but with deities of the Cthulhu Mythos standing in for all the Norse Gods?

So are you doing the Ragnorak scenario but with deities of the Cthulhu Mythos standing in for all the Norse Gods?

I'm not sure per se. As I stated earlier, H.P.'s friend, Robert E. Howard, made Thor into a Lovecraftian Diety in one of his stories. I've actually been thinking of throwing all the gods in the book in and having them beat each other senseless and let the chips fall where they may. :P

Edited by Brother Malachai

I'm not sure per se. As I stated earlier, H.P.'s friend, Robert E. Howard, made Thor into a Lovecraftian Diety in one of his stories. I've actually been thinking of throwing all the gods in the book in and having them beat each other senseless and let the chips fall where they may. :P

That could work out quite funny.....

"The World has gone crazy, there are deities everywhere fighting each other!"

Next day "well they've all killed each other, I guess we'll just go back to living our normal lives then....."

That could work out quite funny.....

"The World has gone crazy, there are deities everywhere fighting each other!"

Next day "well they've all killed each other, I guess we'll just go back to living our normal lives then....."

Yeah, but the hard part would be surviving to the next day. :P

Update: I found out that Mh’ithrha from Call of Cthulhu's "Malleus Monstorum" (p. 175) and Fenris Wolf are the game entity. Fenris Wolf is one of his guises. :-0

And the Deity Howard wrote about in a Cosmic Horror Story from the Norse Pantheion wasn't Thor-it was Odin! It was in his Cosmic Horror Story "The Cairn On The Headland."