How would you play solo with all expansions?

By SolennelBern, in Relic

Just got Halls of Terra and seeing that the game plays with minimal player interaction (Nemesis helped in that matter) how would you solo play this to have the best experience possible?

What scenario, component and other official stuff like variants would you use?

I wan to try Halls of Terra tomorrow and looks like i'm gonna be alone for that one.

I've run through a solo game or at least a portion of one multiple times to familiarize myself with the rules and components. I find this handy so when I present the game to friends who haven't played before or read the rules, I can present the game quickly and with reasonable certainty that I am giving valid information. As a solo play experience, however, I cannot really recommend the game under most of the given scenarios.

A few of the scenarios such as Shoulder to Shoulder and Black Crusade lend themselves more to solo play as these are cooperative scenarios where all of the players are competing against the scenario instead of against each other. This allows you to strategize with your characters vs. the scenario rather than trying to figure out how a "smart" player might act in a given situation to beat the other players.

Just got Halls of Terra and seeing that the game plays with minimal player interaction (Nemesis helped in that matter) how would you solo play this to have the best experience possible?

What scenario, component and other official stuff like variants would you use?

I wan to try Halls of Terra tomorrow and looks like i'm gonna be alone for that one.

I personally see and use all the stuff and expansions with all the rules they imply and all the things correlated to them...

I play solo to Relic and all its expansions - often I play solo with all 6 "spaces for players" filled; and I use ALL the scenarioes... Often I just do some "house" ruling to beat the Dark Crusade scenario from HoT expansion since it has been mis-playtested and miswritten, and if "you play it as it is" you will end it up in an hour more or less, and with the "AI" as the winner, since the "12 Sol Spaces Corrupted to lose the match" is quite impossible to beat !!! To beat it you need to use the Eldar Nemesis and as much Imperial Characters you can (and - hopefully ALWAYS - use the Eldar Nemesis + Canonness + Inquisitor + Navigator Character + Medic Sister combo + 1 other "slot" filled with one of the remaining Imperial Characters: it is the only way to get rid of corrupted spaces on sol system and stand a feeble chance to win and beat Abaddon) !!!