XMAS Adventure

By Peacekeeper_b, in Dark Heresy

Its that time again. Every year aroudn Christmas I run a Christmas themed adventure. Usually it involves Call of Cthulhu, last year it was Berlin '61 and this year it will probably be Dark Heresy.

I already decided the planet it will be on is Yule (ha ha ha ha, god Im good). But my problem is theme of the adventure. I have 2 possible ideas.

1) The Humorous. Base it on those old Rankin cartoons, with Rudolph the Red Nosed Eldar, Frosty the Snowman and the whole gang of the moon of Witch-Tech Toys. It would be light hearted and fun adventure.

or

2) Sacreligious. Sent by Radical Inquisitor Herod the cell of Acolytes must prevent the birth of a alpha-level psyker still in his mothers womb.

Obviously, Im leaning toward the Moon of the Witch-Tech Toys.

Excerpt from Interrogation 123-0483M.
Interrogator Septimus Uriah leads.

S. Uriah "So let me get this straight; you dress in long red robes; travel around in a primitive yet airborn vehicle pulled by 'flying' creatures, which can ONLY be chaos-tainted if you ask me; and you claim to be able to visit EVERY CHILD on the planet in a single night, and you still maintain you are not a witch nor a psyker."

Captive "That's right young man! Now are you on my list?"

S. Uriah "List? Are you threatening me?"

Captive "What? N-no! You must be on my list, either naughty or nice. Have you been a good boy this year?"

S. Uriah "I dislike your tone, deviant. Perhapse a taste of the flenser will straighten you tongue."

Captive "Ho Ho hoooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaargh! Aaaaaaaaaargh! Huuuuuuurgh!"

[Noises of flensing glove in use. Sound continues for some time]

S. Uriah "This is getting us nowhere. Perhapse the Magos Biologos have finished their dissection of the chaos-beasts that were pulling his vehicle."

[interrogator Uriah leaves the cell. The captive continues to weep for some time]

Ferocious chaos beast with huge teeth terrorizing small manufacturinig colony of diminuitive xenos.

A dangerous, hairy and grotesquely obese heretic is giving contraband to children on Yule. Addictive sweets, brightly colored gifts and clothing are just part of the problem. He also pushes for decadence, excess and wastefulness clearly demonstrating his allegiance to Slaanesh. His cult is made up of small, stunted mutants and his approach is heralded by a fiendish, red glow.

A few random images... It's a simple story of hope and dispair.

Setting: a snowbound Imperial Munitions factory on a world in the midst of a fierce war (orcs?).

Intelligence has reviled that the xenos will attack the forts protecting key passes en mass.... their primitive superstitions only allow an attack of that magnitude on a certain night, when the moon is dark (coincidentally also celebrated as the Emporer's Birthday)... If they aren't stopped there the planet is finished.

But the war has gone on too long. The Guardsmen are fighting with only their will and thrown snowballs alone. They don't know what they are about to face.

Battle plans: There's a list. It cross references a report on the number of xenos each fort will face, with names of every soldier and their assigned package. There is no margin for error.The Administratum have checked it twice.

At the factory a shipment of ammo, guns and other "presents" are being frantically churned out and the shipment is almost ready and loaded.

Only one man is believed to have the skill and courage to able to make the perilous jouney to the front lines to deliver hope to the Guard. He's done it before, a year ago, singlehandly... Some say he's about to be declared an Imperial Saint...

BUT

The factory has ground to a halt (whispers of a traitor amoung the workers)

The Saint is missing (a body is found, disfigured, murdered! Is it him?)

The list is gone (it must be recovered!)

TIME IS RUNNING OUT!

Peacekeeper_b said:

I already decided the planet it will be on is Yule (ha ha ha ha, god Im good). But my problem is theme of the adventure. I have 2 possible ideas.

How about, once a year the sun that Yule orbits is plagued by flares, the radiation (or whatever) causes the temperature to drop and the nights to be longer for 12 days. During this time it is customary to for the Planetary govenor ( a large normally jolly soul) to give out gifts each day, one item on the 1st day, 2 on the 2nd and so on.

However this year the gifts are quite the usual affair (now have a chaos tint to them) and the jolly fat man, isnt very jolly this year. Or something better lol!

Oh and the weird solar thingy is referred to as the Yule Tide happy.gif

(sorry, I'll execute myself for the terribleness)

The Black Ship Rudolpho with Captain Nicklaus has arrived at Yule to track down a very dangerous rogue psyker Herminous.

Actually I like that. Very much.

Perhaps a tech priest who has become corrupted by chaos (and is now bloated and in a red hooded cloak, with white trim)?

He has a nasty hatred for children and plans to corrupt/eat them during the Yule Tide.

He creates a set of nasty toys.

Red "Jolly" Roof Lurker !

Ye'folk lore: