Game Headquarters, Oklahoma City

By Edsel62, in Star Wars: Armada Organized Play

I am contemplating hosting a tournament at Game Headquarters in Oklahoma City, if I find there are enough people interested in participating. Anyone one following these forums also happen to be a player who'd try to make it to such a tournament?

Yeah, know 4 players in Fort Cobb, Chickasha, and Lindsay.

I'm a new Armada player from Tulsa. I'd be interested in playing in the tournament so long as it is 'noob' friendly. I haven't played much yet but am excited about the game. I'm pretty sure I could bring at least one more player assuming it is a Saturday tournament.

I'll spread the word amongst our local players.

J--

Today I taught a father and son how to play Armada at my FLGS ( Game Headquarters in Oklahoma City ). Though they didn't own the game they seemed to have a great time. My activity did attract the attention of another father with 2 sons who approached me after the game. They own the core set and after watching the learning game I ran they were buying more ships even though they have yet to play the game. I told them if they come back to the LGS next Sunday I will teach them.

I guess this means that I will be cultivating newbies for a while in hopes of building up the player base to the point I will be able to eventually host a store tournament. And since Game Headquaters carries all the Armada line I am generating sales for them and FFG. The owner of Game Headquarters was pleased.

Edited by Edsel62

I bought the core set a few weeks ago, but I've been working on painting my fighters and haven't gotten a chance to play yet. My buddy said he would play, but i would also like to go watch others play and possibly join in myself. I'm in OKC also.

It is starting to sound like there is enough interest to do this. It'll almost certainly have to be done on a Saturday. It will need to be at least a couple of weeks from now. I will discuss it with the owner of Game Headquarters. Between the two of us we can hopefully nail down date. GHQ already has a spring tournament kit so I'd like to do this soon. I'll post more once I have more information.

In the meantime I plan to be at Game Headquarters for casual play. And to teach the game if needed, for the next two Sunday's (June 7th and June 14th).