2015 Nationals Results

By MajorJuggler, in X-Wing

Bump for 4 National events this weekend! Netherlands, Slovakia, France and Canada!

And Italy too!

Sorry, double post.

please ignore

Edited by LouisCypher

Italian national day 2 is going on. Top 16 sees 2 4 ys with tlt, 1 4 tlt with title and stress bot, 2 decivader with palp, 1 4 adv and dark curse, a rebel swarm of 3 zs and 3 xs, a kenkirk palp and hlc bounty, a dash with Jake and another a, a Vader with 3 adv, a double ig, 1 2 yv with an aggressor, 2 dash and Miranda, 1 cheebo, and a rebel list with 3 b and a k. Sorry for the messy post, I'm on mobil

https://www.facebook.com/nerdandocom/posts/939499116121626

Italian national day 2 is going on. Top 16 sees 2 4 ys with tlt, 1 4 tlt with title and stress bot, 2 decivader with palp, 1 4 adv and dark curse, a rebel swarm of 3 zs and 3 xs, a kenkirk palp and hlc bounty, a dash with Jake and another a, a Vader with 3 adv, a double ig, 1 2 yv with an aggressor, 2 dash and Miranda, 1 cheebo, and a rebel list with 3 b and a k. Sorry for the messy post, I'm on mobil

https://www.facebook.com/nerdandocom/posts/939499116121626

That's a neat looking top 16. Really like that 2 YV and IG88-C list. Wave seven and the raider brought some competitive stuff to the table!

It's worth noting that no han, soontir or chireneau have reached the top and overall they weren't much present during the whole tournament

Edited by Sunitsa

It's worth noting that no han, soontir or chireneau have reached the top and overall they weren't much present during the whole tournament

Really Chewie was so popular the last half of regional season that I'm more surprised to not see him. Is Chewbo an American thing only?

The Czech and Slovak Nationals event was won by IG-88 B&C (Veteran Instincts, Fire Control Systems, Heavy Laser Cannons, Autothrusters, Inertial Dapeners and IG-2000 title).

Top 4 was:
Dual IGs,
4 Ion Warthogs
Soontir, Procket Vader and Palpmobile
Soontir + 5 TIE swarm
Only two lists involving turrets were played: Dash+Corran and a (not sure which one) Decimator+Whisper
Edited by Polda

Dutch Nationals took place yesterday. Soontir + 5 Black Squadron TIEs vs. Brobots in the finals. Soontir took the win.

Italian top 4:

Miranda (tlt, c3po) + Dash (lone wolf, hlc, antipursuit las, r2d2, outrider)

Vs

3x y gold (ion cannon turr, r2, title) + y gold (ion cannon turr, r3a2, title)

Dash (ptl, hlc, kyle, outrider, engine) + Jake (vi, ptl, title, refit) + a proto (refit)

Vs

4x thugs ( tlt, unhinged)

Is that...

-squints-

...is that diversity I see?

Italian top 4:

Vs

Dash (ptl, hlc, kyle, outrider, engine) + Jake (vi, ptl, title, refit) + a proto (refit)

Vs

FINAL

MiranDash (still unbeated) VS Scum's Thugs

Miranda's a monster

I love kwings and she's technically not a PWT wiTh tlt...but **** I feel dirty playing her

Still can't fathom how anyone could enjoy fat han or cheri even even their miniature breathern feels so effortlessly powerful

And I don't mean op (restrictive dial and slam decisions + ability force a lot of tough choices) but when I screwedd up with my tlt warden and Goldie miranda just never even approslached a game state where it felt like she could lose even against 2-3 ships.

She carries my unskilled ass

Edited by ficklegreendice

Anything from Canada?

Just a bunch of players who said "not going" so far. Those that went are silent still.

Canadian National

24 player Attendance 5 Swiss Rounds Top 8 Cut

1. Spencer McClung - Soontir Fel w/Autothrusters + Targeting Computer+PTL+Title, Tempest w/Title+Accuracy Corrector ×3

2. Jonathan Grasser Soontir Fel w/Autothrusters + Stealth Device + Title+ PTL , Kenkirk w/ Palpatine, Lone Wolf, Isard, Engine Upgrade

Top 4

Darth Vader w/VI + Title +ATC, Lambda OP w/Palpatine, Patrol Leader

Soontir w/Autothrusters +PTL + Title + Stealth Device, Darth Vader w / Title + ATC + Lone Wolf, Lambda OPG w / Palpatine+Sensor Jammer

Top 8

Tycho +Jake + Gemmer

Chewbo

Darth Vader w/VI + Title +ATC, Lambda OP w/Palpatine, Patrol Leader

Doomshuttle, Oicunn, Sigma

Just a bunch of players who said "not going" so far. Those that went are silent still.

92 players made an effort to say they would not be attending. Whole thing is on video, could not stream live from the venue.

Chewbo list was top after Swiss rounds. He's from Halifax, winner of the Moncton regional. But got eliminated by the ultimate winner in top 8.

Italian top 4:

Vs

Vs

FINAL

MiranDash (still unbeated) VS Scum's Thugs

MiranDash won the title, ending the 2-days final with a sound 11-0 record

92 players made an effort to say they would not be attending. Whole thing is on video, could not stream live from the venue.

Really sad that is the way things went down. Potential for an 100+ player tournament, but LR had to do things their own way, even when knowing for months in advance that 90% of the community was displeased with said way.

Really sad that is the way things went down. Potential for an 100+ player tournament, but LR had to do things their own way, even when knowing for months in advance that 90% of the community was displeased with said way.

Next year should see improvement. I've been in touch with their management voicing concerns for a while now. And ffg has said they are going to work more closely with them next year.

Was wave 7 not legal at Canada Nationals?

Rumor is an 8 TIE Swarm (4x Academy, 4x Obsidian) has won the French National against Chiraneau-Soontir. Yep, that.

The lovely Carnor-Double Sigma list was on the Top4.

I know the top 16 lists, but not the details of most of them:

-4x Academy TIE; 4x Obsidian TIE

-4 Chiraneau; Soontir lists

-Han Solo; Jake Farrell

-Dash + Mangler; BB

-Dash; Corran

-Dash + Predator + R2D2 Crew + Outrider + Mangler; 4x Bandits

-3 Brobots lists

-Etahn A'baht + Advanced Sensors + Veteran Instincts; Wedge Antilles + Adrenaline Rush + R2; Luke Skywalker + Veteran Instincts + R2D2

-Chiraneau; Carnor

-Carnor; 2x Sigma

-A Falcon (no idea which one); 3 Z-95

Edited by Kharnete

Next year should see improvement. I've been in touch with their management voicing concerns for a while now. And ffg has said they are going to work more closely with them next year.

For those of us not in Canada but curious, can you enlighten us briefly on the issues?

Was wave 7 not legal at Canada Nationals?

It had a nationwide release date of August 28, so it should have been legal. We may not be seeing any though I suspect because those play that did attend used up all their money to purchase a ticket and had none left to get wave 7. :P