UFS Store Championships

By Tallgeese, in UFS Uk Forum

These will be happening!! gran_risa.gif

I have just sent an email to the stores in the UK that regularly run UFS detailing what they need to do to get one of these, but it will also require you guys to make sure the do it as the deadline is tight for the UK, I need confirmation by 30th September ! I have wangled it so we get the kits shipped here and then shipped out to the stores.

This event must be ordered and ran in a Bricks & Mortar store, sorry, no running it the local community center/scout hut/pub, it is called a Store Championship for a reason.

So there you go, go forth and harrass your flg and get them to email me!! happy.gif

Just as a foot note, I received confirmation last night that FFG are happy for me to continue organising UFS in the UK and Europe. gran_risa.gif

Tallgeese said:

Just as a foot note, I received confirmation last night that FFG are happy for me to continue organising UFS in the UK and Europe. gran_risa.gif

Excellent news Steve, the game couldn't be in better hands. aplauso.gif

I think Lingards ordered the one for colchester today... took enough convincing on my part though. But yay none the less!

R.Fluxing said:

I think Lingards ordered the one for colchester today... took enough convincing on my part though. But yay none the less!

The rang me about it, but Glynis said she would have to talk to Andrew about. Its no biggy though, I'm sure guys will get one happy.gif

Chimera both Ripley and Beeston will be running Store Championship, we ordered our kits yesterday, check out our new post for more info.

Leah @ Chimera

Aelifira said:

Chimera both Ripley and Beeston will be running Store Championship, we ordered our kits yesterday, check out our new post for more info.

Leah @ Chimera

Beeston confirmed then Leah? happy.gif

Tallgeese said:

Wooo! Viva la Steve!

And Patriot has already signed up :)

Tallgeese said:

This event must be ordered and ran in a Bricks & Mortar store, sorry, no running it the local community center/scout hut/pub, it is called a Store Championship for a reason.

Great ANOTHER event Exit (Pigeon) Games misses out on.

Thanks Steve, bloody fun spoiler.

Bloodrunstrue said:

Tallgeese said:

Somewhat unfair, these are FFG's rules not Steve's. Don't shoot the messenger.

Bloodrunstrue said:

Tallgeese said:

You could always try running it in the shop instead though couldn't you? Alternatively you could do as several others will have to do, travel to a store running the event, Antics in Plymouth for example.

As Rob said, I'm just the messenger. If you think I'm the fun spoiler then why did I send some Nationals promos down with Eggle for you guys who couldn't make it? What a bastard I am eh?

Bloodrunstrue said:

Tallgeese said:

I'm sorry for Dan, Steve. I was going to go down to EXIT to ask if there is a back room or something we could use for this. Nats was great by the way thanks for making the effort :) .

Sorry to contribute me two cents here, but couldn't the store order the kit and just hire the local hall to run it? I don't think it says you have to run the event in the store does it? Just give people plenty of notice that it will be held locally (I've been to your shop dudes, its within piddling distance). And if the hire fee is zero, everyone ones a winner baby!

runnerb3an said:

Bloodrunstrue said:

Tallgeese said:

I'm sorry for Dan, Steve. I was going to go down to EXIT to ask if there is a back room or something we could use for this. Nats was great by the way thanks for making the effort :) .

runnerb3an said:

Don't worry fella, its water of a ducks back and I can see why there would be reason to be annoyed, just not with me is all........ gran_risa.gif

On a different note, I'm still waiting on some of the stores to confirm, if you guys could hassle your local store it would be appreciated. I'm thinking mainly of:

Static - Glasgow

EXIT - Helston

Future Dimensions - Swindon

Phoenix Games - Leicester

Lingard - Colchester

Fan Boy 3 - Manchester

Travelling Man - Newcastle

If any of you guys in these towns want and event I need confirmation please.

If anybody wants a holiday and woudl like to win a Store Champ in a different country may I suggest Ponva in Ljubljana in Slovenia... happy.gif

Fiddlestix said:

Sorry to contribute me two cents here, but couldn't the store order the kit and just hire the local hall to run it? I don't think it says you have to run the event in the store does it? Just give people plenty of notice that it will be held locally (I've been to your shop dudes, its within piddling distance). And if the hire fee is zero, everyone ones a winner baby!

I suppose it could and who would know until after the event? The problem is it could lead to being banned from running future events if FFG took that stance. I don't work for FFG, I don't have the power to say "you must do it this way!". I'm just a huge believer that you should support your local store, but how you guys choose to organise your tournaments is up to you I guess.

Agreed, I hope FFG don't make a big deal of such a thing, I'm still rankling over the Tekken pre-release fiasco (your pre-release smoothed the ruffled feathers alot BTW!)

P.S. Sweet news on the continuing UFS community support, we couldn't be in better hands! Much love!

P.P.S. Oh yeah, and I will be poking the Future Dimensions dude this weekend, Store Championship?!?!?!?!?! Sounds sweet!

Tallgeese said:

Static - Glasgow

EXIT - Helston

Future Dimensions - Swindon

Fan Boy 3 - Manchester

Just a reminder guys, I need confirmation by 30th September and I still haven't heard anything about the above stores.

lo Steve! Paul at Future Dimensions has said yes! Should I get him to contact you? Are you still at Esdevium at the mo? Or should he call the Games Shop in Aldershot? Egad! So many questions!

Cheers dude!

Fiddlestix said:

lo Steve! Paul at Future Dimensions has said yes! Should I get him to contact you? Are you still at Esdevium at the mo? Or should he call the Games Shop in Aldershot? Egad! So many questions!

Cheers dude!

Bevan, get Paul to call Esdevium and let me know as I'm stuck there until the end of Wednesday, I'll put it down anyway though.

Tallgeese said:

Tallgeese said:

Static - Glasgow

EXIT - Helston

Fan Boy 3 - Manchester

Just a reminder guys, I need confirmation by 30th September and I still haven't heard anything about the above stores.

Updated list. Is there really no one on here from Manchester, Helston, Glasgow or Leicester?

Tallgeese said:

Static - Glasgow

EXIT - Helston

Fan Boy 3 - Manchester

Updated list.

Thank you Jamie for chasing Phoenix.................. happy.gif

Done and done, Paul should be contacting you shortly, cheers for the quick response!

Tallgeese said:

Updated list.

Thank you Jamie for chasing Phoenix.................. happy.gif

gran_risa.gif

Today is the deadline for Stores to let me know that they want a Championship, after this you take your chances getting one from America, paying the shipping costs to boot.

Steve,

I'm working on the assumption that you have my shop down for this? I'm pretty sure I sent you an email about it but wanted to check.

Cheers,

Dave

Hey Dave

I no longer work at Esdevium, although I'm still the man for UFS OP in the UK, yay, go me!! happy.gif

I'm sure I had you down for one, you were certainly one of the first to let me know. There is a list, I don't have it on me at this very moment, but there is one, so it's all good, honest...... happy.gif