New Tutorial Video for WH40k: Conquest

By TheHiveTyrant, in Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

why hello there, my fellow FFG forum goers!

I used to produce video and podcast content for the Lord of the Rings Living Card Game, but have recently decided to take the plunge and start up a new channel for Conquest dubbed "The Hive Tyrant." I'm a relatively new player, but the major appeal of playing card games has, for me, always been the community aspect - and in particular, helping beginners and intermediate-level players to better strategize, improve their gameplay, and more thoroughly understand the nuances of various games and aspects thereof (though I'd like to think I appeal to players of all kinds).

Anyhow, I finished cobbling together my very first Conquest video yesterday, and wanted to share it with you all - I hope it's useful to both new and experienced players alike. It's my goal, with this channel, to share my personal learning experiences as I keep playing and improving, and if you check out the video, I very much hope you enjoy it. If you have any ideas for other content you'd like to see, be sure to let me know! Also, spreading the viral goodness to anyone you know that might be interested in learning how to play Conquest would be much appreciated.

In the future, too, I'll be looking for people to play against and film videos with, in a friendly, instructional and inviting atmosphere - so, if you've any potential interest, I'd be happy to potentially work with you! You're always welcome to get in touch.

There should be more videos to come soon, but I do hope you like my first attempt. So, enjoy, and I look forward to producing more content!

Full Tutorial Video - Warhammer 40,000: Conquest

Just published a second video! I give a bit of an overview of the Tyranid faction, explain why I'm so excited about their introduction to the game, and provide an overview of all the Tyranid faction cards we've had spoiled thus far. If you take a look, enjoy!

Tyranid Hype! The Greater Devourer Preview

Just wanted to let you all know that two new videos are up! One is my first Warlord and Signature Squad review, i.e., for Captain Cato Sicarius , and a second is discussing the Tyranid army unit spoiled during the latest First Planet Podcast's interview with Brad Andres. Enjoy!

Appreciate the time you're putting into these videos, as a new player it's great to sit back and have someone explain the key benefits of the factions and what works well in a deck. Keep it up!

Appreciate the time you're putting into these videos, as a new player it's great to sit back and have someone explain the key benefits of the factions and what works well in a deck. Keep it up!

Not a problem! Glad you're enjoying the content.

While I'm on the subject, two new videos are live! Check out the first of the Core set faction reviews:

Space Marines

Astra Militarum

The Orks video is coming soon!

And as promised, the Orks video is now live!

Looking to add some more dakka to your life? Well, then be sure to check out the Core set, Orks faction card review !

WARNING: it's nearly two hours long. Enjoy! :D

Another video is complete! Be sure to kick back and relax atop the nearest throne of skulls, because my overview, discussion and analysis of the Chaos faction from the Core set is now live!

The next video is live! This time, it's Dark Eldar . Hope you enjoy it! These are proving to be quite the undertaking!

Great job so far! I really liked your videos for LOTR LCG, and these are of the same quality, if not better. Keep up the good work! Can't wait for the Tau episode!

Great job so far! I really liked your videos for LOTR LCG, and these are of the same quality, if not better. Keep up the good work! Can't wait for the Tau episode!

Thank you very much! I've got the Tau notes already complete, and will start recording audio for them today, actually :)

In other news, the Eldar faction review is live! Nearly done with the Core set, and then it'll be on to the Warlord cycle!

New video is up, while I'm hard at work finishing the Tau faction review!

Feel free to check out: Colonel Straken vs Captain Cato Sicarius

Enjoy your weekend, everybody!

And coming in at well over 24 hours of production time, the seventh and final Core set faction review is finally complete! Be sure to take a gander at my Tau faction analysis and overview ! :D

Geeze these videos are costing me a lot of free time....

Geeze these videos are costing me a lot of free time....

Hah! Well, if it makes you feel any better, you can maybe take at least some solace in the fact that they probably take at least 10x as long to make, as the finished product lasts :P

Oh, and a new review will be up tomorrow morning! ;)

And speak of the devil, the latest review is now live! Be sure to check out my fond farewell to the Core set faction review series, in the Neutral Cards review !