PSA: It's XI7, not X17.

By Beardface2, in Star Wars: Armada

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/XI7_turbolaser

Unfortunately, Wookieepedia and FFG use sans serif fonts, so it can be difficult to tell the difference between [ex-eye-seven] and [ex-one-seven] or [ex-seventeen]. However, look at the title of the page in your browser's address bar. Compare it to other instances of 'I's and '1's on Wookieepedia. Copy/paste the title into Word, and change it to a serif font so you can clearly see that it is a capital 'I'.

They are XI7 turbolasers , not X17 .

Carry on.

so long as it cripples redirects, I couldn't care less either way :P

obligatory (no offense intended)

who_gives_a_shit.gif

obligatory (no offense intended)

who_gives_a_shit.gif

Gonna hate to agree with this one

Accuracy is nice and all, but which one rolls of the tongue?

Xseventeens it is

Edited by Demethostes

the X.I - 7 does sound like a national intelligence agency ala CIA or MI6

maybe they're the secret police of the new republic

Edited by ficklegreendice

Sheesh, if you don't give a !@#$ take your apathy and don't bother posting? Thanks for the heads up Beardface, actually kinda nice to have correct.

Edited by CobaltWraith

I am happy for the clarification, but X Seventeen is easier to say.

And what was Harrison Ford sayin that about?

Sweet, they're now officially the seven-elevens :P

Edit: Selevens?

Edited by Leowulf

Thanks man, I've been saying X-711.....

I'm going to say X-17 just to be annoying now. Thanks!

I couldn't resist.

tumblr_msb420kLHR1rzueino1_400.gif

dont_everybody_thank_me.gif

Poor Beardface or Beardfacé. :lol:

I am happy for the clarification, but X Seventeen is easier to say.

Accuracy is nice and all, but which one rolls of the tongue?

Xseventeens it is

I don't particularly care one way or the other, but to me "ex eye seven" "rolls off the tongue" and is a lot easier to say.

Unfortunately, Wookieepedia and FFG use sans serif fonts, so it can be difficult to tell the difference between [ex-eye-seven] and [ex-one-seven] or [ex-seventeen]. However, look at the title of the page in your browser's address bar. Compare it to other instances of 'I's and '1's on Wookieepedia. Copy/paste the title into Word, and change it to a serif font so you can clearly see that it is a capital 'I'.

Carry on.

the X.I - 7 does sound like a national intelligence agency ala CIA or MI6

maybe they're the secret police of the new republic

I'm sorry, did you say em-eye-six or em-sixteen?

(runs for cover)

just called em 77s for short... what 11 times 7 is 77...

Harrison Ford has done several interviews with Conan, most of them are pretty awkward, possibly both acting it up. Sometimes it seems Ford is on something.

The "Who gives a $#!+" comment was from a 2010 interview, when a fan asked what color was the tip of Indiana Jones whip.

I like em-sixteens, just like the em-seventeens!!!!

Harrison Ford has done several interviews with Conan, most of them are pretty awkward, possibly both acting it up. Sometimes it seems Ford is on something.

The "Who gives a $#!+" comment was from a 2010 interview, when a fan asked what color was the tip of Indiana Jones whip.

I like em-sixteens, just like the em-seventeens!!!!

Oh wow, I didn't even realize that was Ford until I went back and looked at the gif a second time. I have to agree with him though. The whip-tip color? You get a chance to ask Ford something, and that's what you waste his time on? lol

Carry on.

S4MYFQO.gif

Carry on.

So what you're saying is that their - 11 7's

And not - 10 17's.

..."I wonder what the X and I stand for".

X______ industries

Neat!