Lightning Attack and Dual Wielding

By bl4ckjack21, in Deathwatch Rules Questions

Hey everyone, first thread here so I hope everything is in order.

I'm GMing a Deathwatch campaign right now and my buddy is playing a Space Wolf Assault Marine with dual Power Swords. If he takes the Lightning or Swift Attack talents, how does that play into dual wielding?

Does he get 2 (or 3 for Lightning Attack) attacks with one weapon and 1 with the other, totaling 3 (or 4)?

Or can he use the talents with both weapons, totaling 4 (or 6 for Lightning Attack) attacks per round?

Or since Swift and Lightning Attack are both Full actions, does using one eat up his entire turn for that round, allowing him only 2 (or 3) attacks per round and only with one weapon?

Thanks for the help.

Using Swift or Lightning Attack ends in the combat action "Multiple Attacks". Two weapon fighting adds another attack to multiple attack, so you get a total of 3 / 4 attacks. See core rulebook page 241 and page 246.

You may only make swift attack/lightning attack with one hand, (so 2/3 attacks) and then 1 attack with your other arm, so 3/4 attacks total.

These are correct.

Swift(2)/Lightning(3) Attacks allows a character to use the Multiple Attacks (MA) attack. When using MA the character makes 2 or 3 attacks instead of one according to the talent. When using Two Weapon Fighting (TWF) rules the character may make a single additional attack with an off-hand weapon according to the TWF rules.

Thanks, everyone.

This helped a lot.