Player huntin'

By bogi_khaosa, in Dark Heresy

My immense apologies if posting this in this forum is bad form or in violation of explocit/implicit rules. If so, please feel free to smite me wrathfully.

Basically, one of the players in my play-by-post DH game on rpg online has vanished and I need a replacement relatively soon. I thought about looking over there but thought that the, erm, "quality" of people was more reliable here. The new character would have to be one that could be naturally brought into the situation, since the adventure is already in progress, and using only the core book, as I don't have the IH yet. Please contact me if interested or you know a better place to look.

Again, sorry if this is a violation for forum etiquette. Thanks!

There's far worse places to ask for players than here. People around these parts are quite decent.

And I might be interested in signing on, though I'd like to know a little more before committing. What sort of speed does the game move at, what's currently going on in the game and so on.

Well, I've been trying to keep it moving as fast as possible, though that hasn't worked out 100% of the time as players have family or school commitments. Basically what's happened thus far is that the Inquisition sent the cell to a planet called Famine in the Calixis sector with a curious history (invented by me) to examine some artifacts captured by the local Adeptus Arbites that have a blasphemous resemblance to the local Imperial cult and its local saint. The characters did some snooping and determined that these items have a link to a criminal gang (just what they don't know). They are currently in the midst of a firefight. Oh yeah, they almost tried to eat each other. :)

The characters are an Arbitrator, Psyker, Tech-Priest and Guardswoman. The Arbitrator's player vanished mysteriously a couple of weeks ago and so I have been NPCing him, but since he's been serving as de facto cell leader this is a little too close to the GM leading around the players. Thus, he has just given his life for Empra, laid waste by a shotgun blast. I need someone to take his place.

The rationale for drawing another character in would be that the remaining Acolytes request an additional person from the local Arbites to supply knowledge/abilities they lack. Basically, these characters -- two freaky Void Borns and a rather, um, direct Guardswoman with no people skills -- have no Interaction skills to speak of, really stand out in a crowd, and we need somebody to make up the lack. The character would have to be from the planet (an Imperial Worlder), and probably either an Arbitrator, a Cleric (for useful religious knowledge), or Scum (links to criminal world). A case could be made for an Adept, but there are already two scholar types. The character wouldn't be a full-fledged member of the Inquisition, at least at this point, but being a local would have a lot of knowledge the others do not possess.

Personally I like Clerics, but nobody else seems to. :)

Please let me know if you're interested!

Clerics are always fun, and I've been meaning to try out a Scum for a while. I'm definitely interested, though ideally I'd like to read the thread thus far to get an idea of what sort of character would mesh with the group. Don't want to roll up a character who'll just get fragged by disgruntled team-mates at the first opportunity. If you'd like to link the game privately you can email me at [email protected]

Where is this game taking place at?