Time Length of a Game

By Hawknight, in Citadels

How long does a usual game take?

Hi,

This may not help much but I'll try. I sat down on Thanksgiving with my wife, my 21 year old daughter, my 10 year old daughter, and my 7 year old son and played this in about 90 minutes. This was the first time any of us had played it before so we were learning as we went. After that my wife and 21 year old daughter and I played again in about 45 minutes. Obviously it went a lot better without the younger children. I really enjoyed the game and the time went quickly in the 2nd game. Hope this helps you.

It all depends on who you're playing with and with how many. I wouldn't recommend it with more than 5 people. More than that takes to much time, you have to wait to long for your turn.

A game takes about 20/45 min.

If you know the ropes (playing for at least 3rd time), it is easy to finish in about half an hour.

I second everything that's said above about the varying time.

Depending on how social everyone is, that can drag the game out significantly, and Alcohol can have interesting effects on it as well.

That's actually how I first discovered this game was I was the sober person thrown into it at a party. Fell in love with it, and went and picked it up.

It can run pretty fast even with big games. I've got a regular game night which usually sees about 7 people, and we go through a game in ~1 hour. We're all gamer types and pretty familiar with the game which speeds it up, but I've never felt like I'm waiting forever for my turn. The down time can be used to plan what you're going to do, and actual execution of a turn is very fast once you've decided what you're doing.